Sunday 8 October 2017

Saba Restaurant @ Cyberjaya, Selangor

There are numerous Arabic restaurants in Cyberjaya but Saba Restaurant is one of those most sought after Arabic restaurants. In fact, it get's so busy that people end up queuing outside waiting for a table and this is a common scene for dinner daily. If you're planning to visit them, either you make a reservation much earlier or in the case of walk-ins, it's best to come during non peak hours.  

Cutlery

POS System
They have a very elaborate menu and the most famous dish here is their Nasi Arab or Mandy Rice. Every table would have definitely ordered one of this. We arrived early and I was glad that we got a table almost immediately. Within 30 minutes, there was such a long queue outside the restaurant. Service is a breeze and the number of waiters that they have was impressive. 

Water On The House

Chilli

Lamb Soup

Arabic Style Dhall
Drinking water is provided complimentary and customers would have to get it on their own from the dispensers that are located on the far right corner of the restaurant. Similarly, the Arabic Style Dhall, Lamb Soup and Chilli that goes with the Mandy Rice are self service items as well. The Chilli was good and it had a sharp spicy taste to it and I'd rate this at 8/10. Their Lamb Soup was rather light, perhaps it's one that's suited to the Arabic taste and so was their curry. For these last two items, my rating would be 6/10. 

Cream Caramel @ RM 6.00

Custard @ RM 5.00

Basbosah @ RM 5.00
We ordered some deserts and these were served before the mains. Well, I couldn't say much as they were all extremely busy. Their Cream Caramel was pretty bad. It lacked caramel and was quite bland. My rating for this shall be 3/10. The Basbosah and Custard was extremely good. I mean really good stuff. Such a huge contrast between their deserts. My rating for the other two shall be 9/10. 

Chicken Shawerma @ RM 8.00

A Closer Look

Mixed Barbecues @ RM 38.00
Shawerma is one of my favourite Arabic dishes. In fact, when I used to frequent Dubai, this used to be one of my favourite snacks that I used to have daily. Comparing to what I had tasted there and the one that we got from this restaurant, it was an utter disappointment. The chicken lacked flavours and overall it was just a tasteless crunchy wrap. 3/10 would be my rating for this. Their Mixed Barbecue Platter which was priced at RM 38.00  was excellent. It had a mix of chicken, lamb some stuffed bread and salad and each and every item was delicious. One that was totally worth it and my rating for this shall be 8/10. 

Mandy Chicken With Rice (Medium) @ RM 22.00

Mandy Lamb With Rice (Regular) @ RM 22.00
Both the Mandy Chicken and Lamb were good but meat portions wise, you get a lot more value in that chicken dish. As for the meats, I would rate them 7/10. The rice which this restaurant is famous for was heavenly. It had such amazing flavours that I was addictively going for it despite having had a full tummy. The best Nasi Arab that I have tasted till date and my rating for this shall be 10/10. 

Bill
If you're a fan of Mandy Rice, then I would strongly recommend Saba Restaurant. Truly amazing Mandy Rice and it would't be wrong to say that it's the best that I have had. Besides this dish, their Mixed Barbecue Platter is another one that's absolutely good. For desert lovers, I would recommend their Custard and Basbosah. Do make a reservation if you wish to come for dinner or else you'd find yourself waiting in a very long line and it may even take more than an hour before you get a table. 

Address: 4800 Suite 0-2, Ground Floor, Block A1, Jalan Perdana, CBD Perdana, 63000                                Cyberjaya, Selangor. 

Business Hours: Saturday - Thursday 1130 - 2330
                            Friday 1430 - 2330

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this informative blog here!
    Read about the Best Arabic Restaurant in Abu Dhabi (أفضل مطعم عربي في أبو ظبي) to enjoy delicious Arabic dishes.

    ReplyDelete