Tuesday 1 August 2017

Restoran Kudu Bin Abdul @ Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman, Kuala Lumpur

It's been very long since I had the original Nasi Kandar from my favourite restaurants that are located along Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman. I happened to be in this area for work with some of my friends and the closest one to us was Kudu Bin Abdul. What surprised me was the fact that none of them had ever been to any one of these restaurants despite being born and bred in Kuala Lumpur. So I took the opportunity to introduce them to Kudu Bin Abdul Penang Nasi Kandar. 

Just At The Intersection To Jalan Dewan Sultan Sulaiman

Such A Long Queue
We were here at around 11.50 am and even then, the queue was already so long. In fact, if you look at the photograph, you could only see half the queue. The queue had already started at the point where I was standing while taking that photograph. My friends who were with me were in a state of shock as they have never seen that many people queuing up in a restaurant. Restoran Kudu Bin Abdul has been one that has survived the test of times. This was P. Ramlee's favourite Nasi Kandar joint and many more celebrities frequently come to this restaurant. The entire place was crowded when we arrived but the turnover was pretty high. Everyone was responsible and ensured that they got up the moment they finished their meal. This ensured that the new comers would not need to wait too long for a table. 

My Meal @ RM 13.00
After the long wait, I finally came up to the food counter and happily picked my choice of food items. One would be spoilt for choice as there was so many things and they all looked so good. I went for Fish Sambal, Fish Roe, Omelette, Lady's Finger and some Fish Curry. All this for a mere RM 13.00 .

Fish Curry

Omelette
One of the common curries that they mix in most Nasi Kandar outlets is the dark looking black gravy. For those who do not eat beef, then you better tell them not to add that. I too skipped that and only went for their Fish Curry. That being said, it was still so good. Both my friends kept repeating how good and authentic the Fish Curry was. For me, this was a class of it's own and I would give this 10/10 for sure. Even their Omelette was so good. It came with some onions and it was so thick and good. For a moment, it felt like I was having Murtabak instead of plain egg. That was how good it was. Again, one that deserves a perfect 10/10. 

Fish Roe

Sambal Fish
Their Sambal Fish was so delicious. It was truly one of the best that I have tasted. Been so long that I had food this good. Truly miss these places as it has been so long. The fish was slightly on the spicy side and came with some thick gravy. 10/10 is my rating for this. Similarly, their Fish Roe was another one that won my heart. Absolutely delicious stuff and I would rate it at 9/10. 

Sirap Bandung Soda
The signature drink at this restaurant is this Sirap Bandung Soda. It has a mix of the usual ingredients used to make Sirap Bandung. The special add on's were Soda and Jelly and that lovely cocktail was so good and refreshing. Highly recommended to go for this. My rating would be 10/10. 

The Bill
Having been a place that has been in existence since the year 1969, Kudu Bin Abdul has been going as strong as ever and still has the authentic touch to their food. The variety is still amazingly good and the food is heavenly. Be prepared to queue up and sometimes, the queue can take as long as 30 to 40 minutes as well. As for me, the wait is definitely worth it. One of my favourite spots for the real Nasi Kandar in Kuala Lumpur. 

Address: No. 335, Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman, 50100 Kuala Lumpur.

Business Hours: Monday - Friday 0730 - 2000
                             Saturday - Sunday 0730 - 1930

Telephone: +603 2697 7082

No comments:

Post a Comment