Saturday 29 July 2017

Restoran Jayasri @ Kajang, Selangor

I had always thought that the Indian restaurants in Kajang were limited to those that are located along Jalan Reko and little did I know that there is another famous restaurant that is located in Sungai Chua. It was by chance that I came across this place as I was heading to a friends place and since it was about just the right time to have lunch, I decided to check the place out. 


Restoran Jayasri In Taman Koperasi LLN
This restaurant is located in Taman Koperasi LLN. Assuming you're coming in to Kajang via Kajang Silk Highway, just after the Sungai Ramal Toll, turn off at the exit heading to Jalan Wan Siew and right after you turn, you'd be able to sight this restaurant on your right. There is ample of parking space here and so anytime of the day, you would not have difficulty parking. 

Vegetarian Banana Leaf Meal @ RM 6.00 + Tofu Sambal @ RM 2.50
Their Basic Banana Leaf Meal set comes with rice, four vegetables, pickles, Appalam, choice of curries and Rasam and this is priced at RM 6.00 . This definitely seems like an excellent deal to me. Most places would only be serving three vegetables and charge pretty much the same. I also went for a plate of Tofu Sambal and this was a mere RM 2.50 . I had a glass of plain water and that was on the house. Small gestures like this does say a lot about this restaurant. 

Four Vegetables

Rasam
The vegetables that they served this afternoon were Potato Perattal, Cabbage Perattal, Pumpkin and Long Beans. All the vegetables tasted really good and very much home cooked taste. The winner among these were the Potato Perattal and Pumpkin. These two, I would rate them at 9/10 and the other two, I would give them 8/10. Not forgetting the Rasam that came packed with spices. A Rasam that I totally enjoyed and for this, I shall rate it at 9/10. 

Vegetable Kulambu

Keerai Curry
Their Vegetable Kulambu was nice but I would have preferred it to be a little more thicker. Otherwise, nothing to comment about it. As for this, I shall rate it at 7/10. Their Keerai Curry was more to my liking and this I would rate it at 8/10. 

Tofu Sambal @ RM 2.50
Tofu Sambal was an add on that I took and this was priced at RM 2.50 per plate. Again, I find this to be very reasonable as I do know places that charge much more for this. The portion was huge as well and they were very generous with the ingredients. The gravy was thick and delicious and the Tofu cubes were just the right size. My rating for this shall be 9/10. 

If you are looking for a good South Indian Banana Leaf restaurant in Kajang, my vote would definitely be for Restaurant Jayasri. Not only did I find the food to be good, the staffs were very pleasant and they serve you with passion. Prices are very reasonable as well and the restaurant itself is very clean. Definitely a place that I would be visiting more often. 

Address: No. 6, Jalan KLN 3, Taman Koperasi LLN, Sungai Chua, 43000 Kajang, Selangor. 

Opening Hours: 0700 - 2300 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment