Friday 30 June 2017

Star Banana Leaf Restaurant @ Cyberjaya, Selangor

Star Banana Leaf Restaurant is probably the longest surviving South Indian restaurant in Cyberjaya. Previously, they were located in a different building and of late, they had relocated to the Glomac Cyberjaya area. 

The Restaurant In Glomac Cyberjaya Area

Iced Tea @ RM 1.70
During lunch hours, they serve full Banana Leaf Rice meals as well as on plate and in the evenings, it's solely on plates. They have always had a reputation for serving delicious meals and that is one of the reason why they are still going strong despite many new comers. I was here for dinner and now, they have made it into a self service restaurant. Right from taking the rice to the curries, it's all laid on the long counter and one is expected to help themselves. Only drinks are sent over to the customer. This evening, I had some Iced Tea to go with my meal and it was fixed perfectly. I shall rate this at 9/10. 

My Meal @ RM 7.50
I took some rice, Potato Perattal, Sardine Sambal, Mutton Varuval, Sambar and Cabbage Perattal and this cost me RM 7.50 . For the lot, I do feel that it's quite reasonable. 

Cabbage Perattal

Potato Peratttal
Cabbage Perattal was good and not overdone. The veggies were fresh as well and the blend of spices were perfect. Their Potato Perattal was equally good, slightly sweet and spicy. My rating for this shall be 7/10 for the cabbage and 8/10 for the potato. 

Sambar

Sardine Sambal
Their Sambar was thick and delicious and came with lots of potatoes and vegetables. Similarly, their Sardine Sambal was very tasty as well and reminded me of the one the I used to have at Akka's, Bandar Puteri. Based on my taste buds, I would rate both at 9/10. 

Mutton Varuval
Just like the rest of the dishes, the Mutton Varuval did not disappoint either. It came with lots of lean meat and some bones that were just perfect for chewing. The thick gravy was heavenly and I absolutely enjoyed this dish, My rating for this shall be 9/10. 

Star Banana Leaf Restaurant is one that would never let you down taste wise. It's one of the longest surviving Indian restaurants in Cyberjaya and the food is as good as ever. Every single item that I tried today was excellent and I am happy to see the consistency in quality over all these years. Definitely a place that I would recommend for good South Indian meals in Cyberjaya. 

Address: No. 2A Block D, Jalan GC 3, Cyberjaya, 63000 Cyberjaya, Selangor, Malaysia

Opening Hours: 0700 - 2300 Monday - Saturday
                             0700 - 1500 Sundays

No comments:

Post a Comment