Monday 1 May 2017

We Love Hokkien Mee @ Puchong, Selangor

When we think of having Hokkien Mee, the place that most often would come to our mind would be the one in Damansara Utama and it was only recently that I came to know of another famous place in Bandar Puteri Puchong. 

The Restaurant Located Along Jalan Puteri 2/3
This restaurant isn't new. I was told that it has been around for many years. It's just surprising that I had not come across this name until a few weeks back but I am surely glad that I have now. This restaurant is open from 5.00 pm till 12.00 am daily which is common operating hours for Hokkien Mee places. We were here at 11 pm and even then, the place had quite an encouraging crowd. The only problem with this area is parking but if you're coming late, then it should not be an issue. 






Somehow, the menu is very much similar at most Hokkien Mee joints and it was the case here as well. Pretty much, the same variety of noodles, soups, Fried Chicken Wings etc. Prices seemed decent to me and the service was speedy. The lady boss herself attends to the ordering process and that ensures accurate information in terms of dishes ordered as the rest of the staffs seemed like foreigners. 

Hokkien Mee (1 Pax) @ RM 8.00

Chili Paste
Their Hokkien Mee was good. This wasn't like the one that you get at Damansara Hokkien Mee, slightly on the dry side and for RM 8.00 , the portion was huge. In fact, we shared this between the two of us and it was just nice.  Another point to add is the lovely texture of the noodles. I definitely enjoyed this plate of Hokkien Mee and would give this 9/10. Their Sambal Belacan Chili Paste was extremely good as well. In fact, I can so vividly remember the taste even now as I write this as it was too good. That is something that I would rate 10/10. 

Fried Pork (Small) @ RM 15.00
This dish of Fried Pork was basically lard that was dipped in a batter and deep fried. Something quite unique that I have not come across at other Hokkien Mee places and I must confess that it was heavenly. Crispy on the outside, melt in your mouth kind of texture on the inside and it was so addictive. I would give this 9/10 and a must try at this restaurant. 

Fried Chicken Wings @ RM 3.50 each
Another famous item here is their Fried Chicken Wings. This is quite similar to the one that you get at Tiong Hokkien Mee whereby it is coated with fermented bean curd that gives it a mildly sour taste in addition to the spices. Taste wise, it was very nice and I would rate it at 9/10. 

Our Bill
The Hokkien Mee was definitely impressive. I loved the taste and the overall texture of the noodles. Not too soggy and the flavours were excellent. Their Sambal Belacan Chili Paste was heavenly and perfect for the noodles. The other food items that we tried were very tasty as well. I am definitely glad that I have been introduced to this place. Good food, reasonable prices and speedy service. 

Address: No. 53 G, Jalan Puteri 2/3, Bandar Puteri, 47100 Puchong, Selangor, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 1700 - 0000 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment