Sunday 21 May 2017

Restoran Maju Utama @ Cyberjaya, Selangor

While being concentrated on the Glomac Cyberjaya side all this while, I never realised that there are restaurants on CBD side as well. Only difference is this side the majority of restaurants are Arabic with a handful of Indian and Malay restaurants. In fact, Restoran Maju Utama is the only Indian Muslim restaurant to be found this side. 

Restaurant Maju Utama in CBD 2, Cyberjaya

Huge Variety Of Nasi Kandar Style Dishes

Iced Tea @ RM 2.20
This restaurant is crowded all day long and is extremely busy during lunch hours. One of the good things here is the variety that you get. I was very impressed to see the range of dishes offered that is only found in real Nasi Kandar joints. One thing for sure is that you would be spoilt for choice here. Since it was very crowded when I had arrived, I decided to take a seat and wait for the crowd to disperse while sipping my tea. Their Teh Ais was good, typical Indian Muslim restaurant quality and I would give it 8/10. 

My Lunch @ RM 12.80

They Use POS Systems
When the crowd eased, I walked over to the counter to get my lunch. Variety was amazing and everything looked good and the above is the items that I had selected. Rice (half portion), Mutton Curry (gravy only), Chicken, Fish Sambal and Potatoes mixed with carrots. This lot cost me RM 12.80 which I found to be very reasonable bearing in mind the number of meat items that I had taken. Moreover, it is an air-conditioned restaurant. 


Their Mutton Curry was thick and heavily spiced, just the way I love it. And in case you're wondering, they do have bone marrow curry as well which I am sure would be heavenly. The looks of it was so inviting. Probably I would go for that the next time I am here. As for this curry that I had tasted, I would give it 8/10. Potato stir fried with carrots were very tasty as well. Cooked to just the right level and the spices were perfect. Huge portions too. I would rate this at 8/10 as well. 

Masala Chicken
Their Masala Chicken looked good but it was rather disappointing. Firstly, it was recycled chicken. The previous days fried chicken which had becomes this and probably even longer. When I tried pulling the meat, it came off like strands of thread and turned out to be quite stiff. The overall preparation lacked flavours too. But the size of the piece was huge. Taste wise, I would only give this 5/10. 

Sambal Fish
This Sambal Fish was simply out of this world. It was super spicy, the fish cuts were fresh, so juicy and delicious. This would be one that I would highly recommend to try. Excellent stuff and I would rate it 10/10. 

Bill For The Day
So far from what I have come across, these guys are the best Indian Muslim restaurant in Cyberjaya. I wouldn't say excellent food but the best that I have come across though there are still a few more that I have not visited. Their lunch spread is the winner and that would be the best time to visit them. Prices are reasonable and service is speedy. A good place to head to if you're looking for Indian Muslim food in Cyberjaya.

Address: CBD Perdana 2, Jalan Perdana, 63000 Cyberjaya, Selangor, Malaysia.

No comments:

Post a Comment