Saturday 20 May 2017

Restoran Al-Arafa Maju @ Cyberjaya, Selangor

Some seven or eight years ago, Street Mall used to be the place for food in Cyberjaya. Today, with all the development that has taken place, this mall has somewhat become forgotten. For many years Hassan's Cafe used to dominate the Indian Muslim food scene here and I was surprised to see them gone when I visited this place this evening. That place which is the anchor tenant of Street Mall has been replaced by Al-Arafa Maju. Hassans used to be open 24 Hours daily and from what I observed, so does Al-Arafa Maju. My thoughts now is only about the food quality. Would the be able to equate to Hassan's. 

Restoran Al- Arafa Maju in Street Mall, Cyberjaya

Iced Teh Tarik @ RM 1.80
I must confess that the place has lost it's shine. The glory and crowd that Hassan used to have is no longer seen this evening. Perhaps, it could be because of the huge number of restaurants that have now opened up in Cyberjaya or, it could also be the food quality itself. Before checking out the dishes, I had ordered my drink first and it was served shortly. Iced Teh Tarik was priced at RM 1.80 and that seemed very reasonable to me. Taste wise, it was decent and I would give this 7/10. 

My Dinner @ RM 11.00
To be honest, the food wasn't so appealing, at least not up to what Hassan used to offer. Still, I went ahead and tried a few items just to satisfy my curiosity. I had Rice, Fish Curry, Fried Egg, Tofu Sambal, Fish Roe and Fried Fish and this cost me RM 11.00 . For the lot that I took, RM 11.00 is once again very reasonable if not cheap. Now, time to taste it. 

Fish Curry

Fried Egg

Fried Fish
Their Fish Curry was watery but it still had the basic flavours that are deemed necessary for this dish. Still, I would say that it has lots of room for improvement. I would rate this curry at 6/10. Fried Egg came with lots of diced onions and chilies. It was good ingredients wise but it was a tad too dry. Could be because it was fried in the morning. I would rate this at 6/10 as well. Their Fried Fish was dry, stiff and lacked Masala. Again, one that was fried much earlier in the day and as such, had lost it's juiciness. I would rate this at 6/10. 

Fish Roe

Tofu Sambal
I liked the gravy that came with the Fish Roe but the Fish Roe itself seemed a little stale. In fact, it had already started to smell odd. I just tasted a bit and didn't want to take further risks. This, I would rate at 6/10. Their Tofu Sambal however was good and I enjoyed every bit of it. Made very spicy and the tofu itself was soft and delicious. This deserves a rating of 8/10. 

My Bill For The Day
Compared to what their predecessors used to serve, I have to agree that the food was quite disappointing. Most of the dishes were very mediocre except for the Tofu Sambal which was above average. Prices are cheap, in fact very cheap but the food quality was simply lacking. Honestly, I doubt if I would return. 

Address: The Street Mall, Jalan Usahawan, 63000 Cyberjaya, Selangor, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 24 Hours Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment