Saturday 29 April 2017

Akkas Food Corner @ Puchong, Selangor

I first visited Akkas Food Corner in January 2015 when they had moved to this present shop. Prior to that, they were operating from a pushcart somewhere around that same area. After a two year gap, I am returning today for lunch. 

Akkas Food Corner in Bandar Puteri Puchong

Crowded As Always
Though I was the one who introduced this place to my family, due to logistical reasons, I did not manage to visit them after that but my brother has been one who has been coming at least once a week as he loves the food here. True, the food is excellent here and that is based on my initial visit two years back. Looking at the frequency of my brother's visit, I am confident that they must have kept the standards consistent. The only difference now is that one is not allowed to take the dishes and would have to get the staffs to assist with this. I assume that there may have been customers to took too much and may have had issues when it comes to payment. On the other hand, if I just wanted to taste something and wanted to have a smaller helping of more dishes, then that is no longer allowed. This is one that I experienced today. When I pointed the dishes to the staffs and told them that I wanted just a little, they still put a heap of it on my plate. In the end, it just limited me from taking more food items. Perhaps, this is something that they should look into.  

My Lunch @ RM 9.00
Since we were here around 2.30 pm, most of the items were almost sold out but luckily, my favourites were still available. I had rice, Thannichaar, Mutton Perattal, Sardine Sambal, Tofu Sambal and Rasam. All this for just RM 9.00 . And you can see the volume of each one of these dishes, definitely very cheap.

Thannichaar

Tofu Sambal
Their Thannichaar was very good. It had all the required flavours and they were quite generous with the ingredients. Tofu Sambal was excellent. The cuts were just the right size, mildly sweet and spicy and it was so delicious. I would rate their Thannichaar 9/10 and Tofu Sambal 10/10. 

Mutton Perattal

Sardine Sambal

Rasam
Their Mutton Perattal was heavenly. Rich with spices and made with a thick gravy. They had also added lots of potatoes which was a huge plus point. Their Sardine Sambal  was superb as well. Spicy, slightly salty and it had been made precisely perfect. Not to forget their Rasam which was another treat on it's own. All three items deserve nothing less than 10/10. 

My Bill For The Day
I am so happy that this place has kept it's food so consistent over the years. The food is still amazingly good and gives you a magical feel. Prices were also extremely cheap. For a plate of Rice, Mutton Perattal, Sardine Sambal, Tofu Sambal, Thannichaar and Rasam, RM 9.00  is an excellent deal. For me, this place still qualifies to be in my list of Top 5 South Indian eateries in the Klang Valley. A highly recommended place!

Address: No. 10, Jalan Puteri 5/1, Bandar Puteri, 47100 Puchong, Selangor, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 0700 - 1800 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment