Wednesday 22 March 2017

Pandian's Indian Food Stall @ Petaling Jaya, Selangor

Pandian's Indian Food Stall has been around for about 16 years now. Not only do they cater for the locals living around SS 3, there are many loyal customers that come from afar solely for the excellent food served at this stall. I was introduced to this stall by a very close friend of mine and I was amazed as to the distance that he was willing to travel just to have breakfast. After doing some research on the internet, that was when I found out that there are many such loyal customers who are doing the same as well.

The Food Court At SS3, Petaling Jaya

Mr. Pandian's Stall Occupying Four Stalls
This Food Court has a number of stalls but Mr. Pandian is the only owner who has taken up four stalls. His business starts daily from 6 am and goes on till around 4 pm. We were here for a late breakfast and even at that time, the place was crowded and you get to see even foreigners dining at his stall.

Spoilt For Choice
Even by around 10.30 am, there were so many dishes that were already prepared catering for lunch. These were neatly arranged on the tables for customers' convenience. What you see in the photograph were solely the vegetarian dishes as the non vegetarian dishes were placed separately. From my observation, it was clear that more dishes were still being prepared. 

Vadai with Venthaya Kulambu and Sambar
Their Vadai was good. I loved the non greasy texture and it was sufficiently soft. As for their Vadai, I would give it 8/10. The Venthaya Kulambu and Sambar were both good as well. Both were generously spiced and watery. For me, both of these gravies deserve 8/10 as well. 

Roti Canai with Lady's Finger
Their Lady's Finger Perattal was tasty. What I liked most about this dish was the fact that it wasn't overdone. The veggie was still crunchy and tasty. I would give this 8/10. Their Roti Canai was good as well. Again, a non greasy version and it was soft and nice. Taste was excellent as well. Again one that deserves 8/10. 

Uppuma With Vegetable Kulambu
Since I had tasted their Venthaya Kulambu earlier, this time I went for their Vegetable Kulambu and just like the rest of the curries that I had tasted, this too was up to the mark. Good for sure and I would give this 8/10. Their Uppuma was very good. The mix of spices was excellent. Not overly infused, it was just right. I would give this 9/10. 

In summary, all of us loved the food here. The prices were very reasonable as well. In fact, I personally thought that they were slightly lower than market prices. Looking at the spread of dishes that's being prepared for lunch, I am definitely coming back soon.

Address: Stalls 3, 4, 5 and 6, Wawasan Selera, No. 5, Jalan SS 3/33, 
                47300 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 0600 - 1600 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment