Friday 20 January 2017

D' Sumptuous @ Jalan Tun Razak, Kuala Lumpur

A few days back, I had to visit a friend who was admitted to Institut Jantung Negara and that was when I came across this outlet. D' Sumptuous is located on the upper level of the cafeteria in IJN. For those who have not been to this cafeteria, it has a lower floor which has a number of food stalls and the upper deck, which is a premium floor that is solely occupied by D' Sumptuous. I am not sure if they have other outlets in the Klang Valley but based on the details in their receipt, their corporate headquarters is based in Wangsa Maju.  

Their Logo

Private & Premium Seating Area

Beautifully Designed Counters
The upper deck was very impressive. They had a massive counter in a U shaped design that spanned across half of the seating area. Unlike the usual food court furniture, here they were mostly private seating with sofa sets and some coffee tables. It felt more like a dining hall in a hotel rather than a cafeteria in a hospital. 

Their Menu
Their menu had a good spread of dishes across various cuisines and they were reasonably priced. Of course this is not to be compared with coffee shop prices but lets say they were on par with those air conditioned restaurants. But it is not something that I would complain. The environment was exquisite and I would not even mind having business meetings here. As for the timing, I was here quite early in the morning and many of their main courses were not ready and that's very much understandable. Mostly what was available were their breakfast items. Since it has been a while that I had Dim Sum, I decided to go for those.  

Otak Otak Dim Sum @ RM 4.90
These Dim Sum's are made by Muslims and you tend to get some unique varieties like this Otak Otak Dim Sum which is something that you will never find in a Chinese Dim Sum place. Per set is priced at RM 4.90 and it comes in three's. That is fairly reasonable looking at the size of these dumplings. The first one that I tried is this Otak Otak Dim Sum which is the one laid on the left. A very unique taste that I thoroughly enjoyed. The texture was good and it was fresh. I would give this a 8/10. 

Mushroom Dim Sum @ RM 4.90
Their Mushroom Dim Sum's were pretty good too. The staple meat in all their Dim Sum's is chicken and in this case, it was mixed with mushrooms. A lovely blend of ingredients and it tasted equally good. This too deserves a rating of 8/10. 

Black Pepper Dim Sum @ RM 4.90
This Black Pepper version was excellent. What I loved most about this was the fact that I could actually taste those course ground pepper with each bite and they were very generous with it. If you're into such spicy food, then this is a must try. I would give this a 9/10. 

Salted Egg Dim Sum @ RM 4.90
Another good one but I felt that it could have been better. Since the salted egg was only placed at the tip, the chicken meat very much dominated the taste. Alternatively, they should have added more salted egg and that would have had a totally different effect. This I would give it a 7/10. 

Sweet & Chili Dip Sauce
From the four varieties that I tried, I very much enjoyed the Black Pepper version followed by the other two and the one that I enjoyed the least was the Salted Egg version. Perhaps since I love salted eggs very much, my expectations were much higher. Nevertheless, the food was good and surely it is one that I would very much recommend here. These were definitely some good quality Halal Dim Sum's. 

Address: Cafeteria, Institut Jantung Negara, 145 Jalan Tun Razak, 
                 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 0700 - 2000 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment