Friday 27 January 2017

Claypot Junction @ Tanjung Malim, Perak

Claypot Junction isn't new to me. This is a restaurant that I have blogged about in the past and without fail, at least once a week I am here and this is a practice that has been going on for about a year now. The food is just awesome and I find the prices to be very reasonable. Beginning this year, they had revamped their menu and added a vegetarian section to it and that is the reason for this entry, mainly to introduce some of their vegetarian dishes.

The Vegetarian Section In Their Menu

The Vegetarian Section In Their Menu
There's about 27 dishes to choose from and that's a pretty good spread bearing in mind that it has been years since we last had Chinese vegetarian options in Tanjung Malim. The last one to open closed down some 12 years back and the other alternative is to head over to Bukit Beruntung. That being said, this is definitely a welcomed change. Just like the other dishes and despite the recent price hike, I still felt that it was very reasonable. 

Claypot Vegetarian Lamb Curry @ RM 15.00
Their Claypot Vegetarian Lamb Curry was good. It came with generous portions of mock lamb meat, lots of Tofu and assorted vegetables in thick curry. Even their curry had a well balanced flavour, though this is not to be compared with the Indian style of cooking curry which is much more spicier. A good dish I would say and I would give this a 7/10.  

Kung Po Vegetarian Fish Balls @ RM 15.00
This Kung Po Vegetarian Fish Ball dish was excellent. Yes, it was truly excellent. I loved the mock fish balls, they were appropriately sliced to the right thickness and served in a delicious broth along with onions, spring onions, dried chilies and capsicum. This definitely deserves a 9/10. 

Mixed Vegetable Soup @ RM 8.00
Most of the time, I come across very bland tasting vegetable soups but this was impressive. The choice of veggies were perfect and the soup was just amazing. Not a single thing that I would be able to pick on. Again, another dish that I would give a 9/10. 

Mixed Mushrooms with Tofu Skin @ RM 12.00
Another good dish. I loved the choice of mushrooms and the beancurd skin was perfect. The method of preparation was good too. I would give this a 8/10. 

Based on the dishes that we had this evening, I definitely have no complaints. The food is good, the portions were decent and the prices were reasonable. Definitely I would be coming back for more. 

Address: 1, Jalan Cahaya, Taman Anggerik Desa, 35900 Tanjung Malim, Perak, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 1700 - 2200 

Telephone: +6010 228 3683 

No comments:

Post a Comment