Wednesday 30 November 2016

Dee' Lizz Corner @ Tanjung Malim, Perak

Dee' Lizz Corner is literally tucked in one corner of town in Tanjung Malim, Perak. I do not think that this is a new restaurant, it should have been around for at least a year plus now. It's just that I hardly come to this side of town. This restaurant is located in Taman Malim along Jalan Malim 2, in fact it's right at the very end of Jalan Malim 2 which is parallel to the Old Slim Road, a road that not many people use these days. As a matter of fact, that entire stretch is rather spooky at nights. It was just that I came here to meet a friend who lives in this residential garden and since it was rather late, I had my dinner at this restaurant. 

Dee' Liz Corner in Taman Malim, Tanjung Malim

A Simple Set Up
Despite being in a remote area, this restaurant seems to be famous among the people living in this part of town. It was a rather late night and even then, there were quite a number of tables that were occupied and they were mostly seated outdoors. The above photograph merely shows the indoor dining area where I was seated. It was a little dark to take photographs outside and that was the reason I sat indoors. Otherwise, it would have been just awesome sitting outdoors as this restaurant is located close to a stream and some secondary forest and that being the case, the weather is mostly cool and nice over there. 

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu
The menu was a rather standard one, the same dishes that you get at all if not most similar restaurants. The prices however seemed a little lower but again, I'll have to wait for the dishes to see the portions to justify this. The guy taking the orders was a rather chatty chap. He kept on asking a lot of questions as if it was a job interview. Anyway, I know that he was just trying to be friendly and I just went along. So, the ordering process that should have been five minutes got dragged to around fifteen minutes. When it was over, I was sincearly thankful that it was over. 

Kailan Ikan Masin @ RM 3.50
Cooking did take a little longer but it was bearable and my dishes were served in about 20 minutes from the time of order, and that is from the time the waiter had left my table. Their Kailan Ikan Masin was decent. I loved the taste aspect but disliked the quality of veggies used. The dish tasted really good, they didn't skimp on the ingredients and that's a plus point. On the other hand, the Kailan leaves seemed not fresh and most of it in the dish were the stem itself. This I feel they should improve. Overall, I would give this a 7/10. 

Telur Dadar @ RM 1.50
The Telur Dadar wasn't impressive. It was soaked in oil and the amount of onions used weren't much. Based on the quality, I felt that RM 1.50 is a little too much for this. Some places in town charge RM 1.00 for the same and these guy's should just charge the same. I would give this a 5/10. 

Ayam Masak Pedas @ RM 5.00
There are a number of things that I want to say about this dish. Firstly, the price. For the quantity of chicken bits given, RM 5.00 is a little too much. If you look at the dish, it's mostly the sauces that's covering the entire dish. On the other hand, if I were to comment taste wise, this is the best Ayam Masak Pedas that I have tasted in Tanjung Malim. It was so deliciously spicy and I enjoyed every bit of it despite the fact that I was profusely sweating. Yes, this was just fantastic and because of the taste, I am willing to depart with RM 5.00 . This deserves a 10/10 and that's solely based on the taste of the dish. 

Cendawan Goreng @ RM 3.50
Cendawan Goreng was quite a disappointing dish. The mushrooms were all fine, in fact they were fresh and chewy. However, the base sauce was rather bland. Supposedly, this is stir friend with Sambal Hijau but the cook had used too much water and diluted the taste and that resulted in a dish that ended up being bland and tasteless. A big no to this dish and I would give it a 3/10. 

To sum up my dining experience tonight, the only dish that I had enjoyed was the Ayam Masak Pedas. The rest that I had tried were just not up to the mark. I doubt that I would be returning again. 

Address: Jalan Malim 2, Taman Malim, 35900 Tanjung Malim, Perak, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 1800 - 0300 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment