Friday 26 February 2016

Restoran Jaya @ Brickfields, Kuala Lumpur

Restoran Jaya is one of the newer restaurant's in Brickfields that is located along Jalan Thambipillai, the stretch of road that is parallel to Jalan Tun Sambanthan, just behind the Monorail Station that's located across the street from NU Sentral Mall. I have been here before for their Banana Leaf Meals and it was just fantastic. Having had to meet some friends in Brickfields this evening, I suggested this place as I know for sure that the food is good and the prices reasonable. This restaurant belongs to the Penang famous Jaya Catering.

The Restaurant

Not Too Busy As It Was Tea Time
They occupy a corner unit and so ventilation is simply good here. Due to the open concept, it never feels warm and when it rains, it is just fantastic. As it was around 6 pm, the place wasn't too crowded. I ordered myself a glass of Teh Tarik and wanted to check out the South Indian cakes that they had.

Teh Tarik
The staffs here are very efficient and in a matter of minutes, my tea was served. A perfect glass of tea. Not too sweet, not too bitter, it was just perfect and served hot. I would rate this at 9/10 .

My Selection Of Indian Cakes
They had a decent variety of vegetarian and non vegetarian South Indian cakes. Even the Samosa, they had vegetarian Samosa and Chicken Samosa. I was not really in the mood for non vegetarian stuffs and so stuck with the above. My choices were Vegetarian Curry Puffs, Masala Vadai and a Vegetarian Samosa. 

Masala Vadai
I loved their Masala Vadai. It was of the right size, came with lots of ingredients and spices and it were non greasy. I would rate these at 9/10 . 

Vegetarian Samosa
The next one that I tried was their Vegetarian Samosa. This was not too impressive. The reason being, the skin was dry and flaky and the ingredients were the North Indian style non spicy steamed Potato filling. Maybe I am inclined more towards the South Indian style and so this was not too appealing to me. For me, I would perhaps rate this at 6/10 .

Vegetarian Curry Puffs
In contrary to the Samosa, these were really good. In fact, the colour of the potato filling itself would speak for itself. These were spicy and really good. I would rate these at 9/10 .

Nasi Lemak
The Nasi Lemak Bungkus here is really excellent and these are available for breakfast and dinner only. Sorry I could not take a photo of the inside as my friend finished them too quickly since he really enjoyed them. I have tried these too in the past and they are just amazing. Mildly spicy, rich with ingredients and will be a treat to all Nasi Lemak lovers. I would rate this at 9.5/10 .

Ghee Tosai
They have a wonderful variety of Tosai's here and this Ghee Tosai is a good one to try. Made to a crisp and lavishly made with ghee, it was just heavenly. Even their Chutney and curries were excellent. I would rate this at 9/10 .

Chicken Kothu Barotta
Kothu Barotta is like a staple food in South India and only selective restaurants here in Malaysia make them. I never miss to order this dish and I truly love the taste. Imagine having diced Roti Canai along with spices, chicken or mutton, onions, chilies etc, that is exactly how this tastes. Coming back to this preparation, it was simply too good and I just loved it. So much so, I had to have it plain without adding any curry. Lovely taste and one that I would recommend here. I would rate this at 9.5/10 . 

I have tried this restaurant for lunch, tea time and dinner and not a single time that I have been disappointed. I wonder how they manage to keep the standards so high. Definitely returning soon for more. Restaurant Jaya....I just love your food guys! Keep up the great work.

Address: No. 51, Jalan Thambipillai, Off Jalan Tun Sambanthan,
                50470 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 0700 - 2300 Daily

Telephone: +603 2274 2625 

No comments:

Post a Comment