Monday 1 February 2016

DOME Cafe @ Suria KLCC, Kuala Lumpur

It has been ages since I came to Suria KLCC. This used to be one of my favourite hang out places when it was newly opened. I think one of the many reasons as to why I had not been visiting them that often these days is simply because of the number of alternative malls which are closer to where I am based. Having had an appointment here this evening, I was delighted to visit them again. A place that brings about so many memories. It was a tea time appointment and we were supposed to meet at DOME Cafe. I ended up coming to the park entrance and looked around but couldn't find the restaurant. Previously, they used to be at the entrance facing Chinoz and I kept looking for them there. Only when my friend arrived, I was made to realise that they had shifted outdoors facing the park. That literally shows how long back my last trip was. The new premise seemed much bigger and spacious with more outdoor seating. No wonder they had moved here as it seemed like a better option. Being 5 pm, it was just too early to go for a full meal and so we opted for some drinks and snacks. Service was great as usual except that the waiter kept getting confused with our orders and we had to repeat thrice. Guess he must be one that is new. 

Cafe Americano
This has been my staple drink here. In fact, I have tried most of their coffee's and have always loved the brew here. Somehow, it just suits my taste buds. A medium bodied coffee with a bolder aftertaste. That's exactly my preference and without an exception, they had fixed it perfectly well this evening too. Some have a perception the DOME is generally expensive. In my opinion, no it is not. When comparing their general portion sizes and the kind of ingredients that is added to the dish, they are actually very reasonable. And not forgetting the lovely ambiance. For me, this was a perfect cup of coffee and I would rate it at 10/10 .

Scones With Jam & Clotted Cream
These classic scones were served with jam and clotted cream on the sides. A typical English dish that was near perfect. These were great but the one that has always been my benchmark were the one's that we get at KL Hilton. Comparatively, these still had room for improvement. I would rate these at 8.5/10 .

Potato Wedges Set

Golden Delicious Wedges
These wedges were absolutely fantastic. Fried with the skin intact, just the way I love it to a golden brown perfection. Mildly salted, they were crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Just a perfect preparation to nibble on. Loved it and I would rate this at 9.5/10 .

Since it was tea time, there's not many dishes that I could share this time around. Perhaps if I get another opportunity soon, would be doing another trip and shall share more of their dishes. That aside, I loved the dishes that we tried this evening. Great food, decent prices and a fantastic atmosphere.

Address: Lot G-45A, Ground Level, Suria KLCC, Jalan Ampang, 
                50088 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 1000 - 2200 Daily

Telephone: +603 2165 1388


No comments:

Post a Comment