Monday 29 February 2016

Chili Espresso @ NU Sentral, Kuala Lumpur

I had to meet a friend of mine for lunch and he suggested this place which is located in NU Sentral Mall. I am quite familiar with this mall but never have I heard about this restaurant. It is supposed to be located on the Ground Floor but technically, it's one floor up from the street level facing Brickfields and is tucked at the far end, one part of the mall that I have never explored. I always thought that this section was not taken up. Never did I realise that outlets have already opened up and this was indeed a very large one with both indoor and outdoor seats. I believe that this restaurant is part of a larger group with more outlets in the Klang Valley. 

Indoor Seating Area, Lower Level
The restaurant was very impressive, split level and with a huge outdoor seating as well. Seemed like quite a number of business meetings were also happening and they were mostly on the upper level. Well the place surely looked posh and the environment was conducive for such discussions. The staffs were extremely efficient in attending to customers. I preferred to sit on the lower level simply because the place was vacant and that would give me freedom to snap pictures.

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu
Their offering was across a number of cuisines with no specific theme. They had Malaysian dishes, Western, Italian, Burgers and they were all very reasonably priced. I was expecting the prices to be much more seeing the kind of set up but no, they were very much affordable. Even the western grill dishes were just under RM 20.00 which I would consider to be very cheap . Having decided what I wanted, I placed my orders and resumed my conversation with my friend and coincidentally, we both ordered the same. 

Pot Of Tea @ RM 3.80

Cutlery
I loved the speed at which the staffs worked. Extremely efficient and moreover, they were well staffed. That pot of tea that I ordered was priced at RM 3.80 which I would consider to be very cheap. That pot gave me 3 cups of tea. Do the math and you'd realise that this place is even cheaper than the Indian Muslim restaurants out there. And what more the ambiance. The Tea was really good, one of the better selections and I would rate this at 9/10 .

Colonial Chicken Chop @ RM 16.80

Huge Chunk
In a matter of minutes, our lunch arrived. We had both ordered their Colonial Chicken Chop and this was priced at RM 16.80 . A really huge chunk of meat served in a humongous plate along with some peas, sauteed vegetables and fries. Even the Chili and Tomato Sauce provided were Heinz and not XYZ brand. Truly a great deal this was!!! 

Deep Fried Chicken
A huge breaded Chicken chunk was deep fried and topped with Tomato Sauce, peas and onion gravy.... one that is quite similar to the Hainanese Style. And that chunk of chicken was a thick cut. Honestly, even though I am a heavy eater, the meat alone was good enough to fill me up. A it tasted very good. The gravy wasn't too sweet and was mildly infused with vinegar. Totally loved it!!! I would rate this chicken preparation at 9/10 .

Broccoli and Carrots
Even the sauteed Broccoli and Carrots were good. Not over cooked, they were still fresh and juicy and they must have surely added some butter to it. That creamy infusion along with the sauces made it taste really good. Impressive and I would rate these at 9/10 .

Fries
And were they stingy with their Fries? Not at all. In fact, the portion was as big as a large fries from Mc Donalds. The best thing about these fries were that they were non greasy yet delicious. I wonder how they had perfected it so well. Surely an art that I would love to learn. Again, I would rate this at 9/10 .

For just RM 20.00 each, we had a sumptuous meal in a posh restaurant. And that's including the drinks. Not to forgot the undisturbed conversations that we had. Amazing place and I was so happy with everything here. I am definitely coming back with my family to try out some of their other dishes. This is definitely a place that I would highly recommend. Good food, very reasonable prices, great ambiance and very efficient staffs. 

Address: Unit 46 & 47, Ground Floor, NU Sentral, 
                201 Jalan Tun Sambanthan, Brickfields, 50470 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 1000 - 2200 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment