Monday 2 November 2015

Restoran Soon Yuan @ Selayang, Selangor

Are you a fan of Loh Mee (Lor Mee)? If yes, this place that I discovered this morning would be of interest to you. All these years I have been going to Ulu Yam to get my Loh Mee fix and little did I know that there is another similar tasting preparation that's available in Taman Selayang Baru.

Restaurant Soon Yuan along Jalan Len Omnibus

Just A Simple Restaurant

Very Famous For Their Loh Mee

The Available Dishes (Disregard the prices as they are no longer relevant)
It was just by chance that I stumbled upon this place. I was driving around and sighted this restaurant with a picture of a bowl of Loh Mee on the signage. Feeling curious, I decided to explore the place and it was indeed a surprise. A simple coffee shop it was but each and every one of their customers that walked in, ordered the very same Loh Mee and that was a live testimony that needed no further backing. If you are familiar with the huge Selayang roundabout, once you get there you would need to take the exit to Jalan Len Omnibus and right after taking that turn, this restaurant would be visible on your left. Besides their Loh Mee, they also have some other dishes but it seems like this particular dish is everyone's favourite. For larger groups, you could also go for their Claypot Loh Mee but since I was a solo diner today, I went for the usual Loh Mee in a bowl. The Lady Boss is the chef herself and each dish is made to order, and that includes the broth too. For reference, you could check the last photo above for their list of dishes but please disregard the prices as they are no longer relevant. Must be a sign that had been put up some years ago. Business starts at 8 am and goes on till 5 pm. Off days are not fixed and they do take a day off, once a fortnight. 

Kopi O @ RM 1.50
I would usually go for Milk Coffee but I observed that the majority of them went for black, curious, I ordered the same. And yes, it was really good. It was those good old charcoal roasted beans that were perfectly brewed! An excellent cup of Black Coffee. I would rate this at 9/10 .

Loh Mee @ RM 6.00

Vinegar and Soy Sauce; To add to taste.

Delicious!

Eggy and Yummy!
A favourite among the Hokkien community, this bowl of Loh Mee was indeed good. Priced at RM 6.00 for a fairly large bowl, it came with generous amounts of ingredients. The noodles too were excellent. I wonder if they make them on their own. Didn't quite taste like those mass produced ones. And the thick, starchy broth.....that was the killer. It was so perfect that I left the bowl dry. The only difference between this one and the one available in Ulu Yam is the added lard. Here, they did not add lard to the dish but it didn't seem like a loss. The broth compensated equally well to that missing ingredient. Surely one that I would highly recommend. I would rate this at 9/10 .

If you love Loh Mee, then this would be a place that I would recommend for you to try. After all, it's within the Klang Valley and is just a few minutes drive from the city. 

Address: No. 7112, Jalan Len Omnibus, Taman Selayang, Baru, 
                68100 Batu Caves, Selangor, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 0800 - 1700 Daily
                           Off Days Are Not Fixed

No comments:

Post a Comment