Thursday 5 February 2015

Restoran Ghani @ Tanjung Malim, Perak

Restoran Ghani is the second Indian Muslim restaurant to start their business in Tanjung Malim. The first was Restaurant Kassim and this was followed by Restaurant Ghani in 1931. Today, they are the oldest Indian Muslim restaurant in town, with Restaurant Kassim having closed their business sometime in the early 2000's. This restaurant is located along Jalan Besar and has been in the same location since the day they started. Today, this family very much controls the Indian Muslim food business in Tanjung Malim with four restaurants belonging to the brothers which is located in a number of locations in Tanjung Malim. 

Restoran Ghani in Tanjung Malim

The Restaurant

Interior Of The Restaurant

Interior Of The Restaurant
Of late, I have been visiting more of their other brother's restaurant which is along the same row of shops called Restaurant Jalal. There is no specific reason for this. perhaps the easy availability of parking could be one of the reasons. Suddenly I felt that I should pay them a visit today for dinner. This restaurant has not changed a bit in design since the early days. The flooring, furniture and decor has been exactly the same.The place is packed mostly during the day and come night, it is mostly take aways. For lunch, besides the usual curries, they also have Beriani which is quite famous and come evenings, the popular items are like their Roti Canai, Mee Goreng, Capati, Mee Rebus etc. 

Teh Tarik @ RM 1.20
As always, without fail I would go for their Teh Tarik as it is quite good here. Most of the workers here including the owners are good friends. I have known them perhaps all my life and it feels good, for me whenever I come here. Coming back to their Tea, it has always been consistently good and I would rate this at 9.5/10 .

Mee Rebus @ RM 3.50

Mee Rebus @ RM 3.50

All Stirred Up
These days, it is hard to find a meal for RM 3.50 but at this restaurant and all their other siblings' restaurants, the price of these common dishes are fixed at RM 3.50 which is a very good deal. The same is usually priced at RM 5.50 in Kuala Lumpur. For a start, I went for their Mee Rebus. Their Mee Rebus was good but somehow I feel that the Mee Rebus at Jalal's is much better than this. There was something that was lacking here but I could not identify what it was. Nevertheless, for me this was what I felt. As such, I would rate this dish at 8.5/10 .

Mee Goreng @ RM 3.50

Mee Goreng @ RM 3.50
The Mee Goreng here was fantastic and when I compare this to Jalal's, this one would beat the latter flat. For me, this was a perfect dish! Although I have not tried all the Indian Muslim Mee Goreng's in town, for now this is the best that I have tried. I would rate this at 9.6/10 .

Rojak @ RM 3.50

Rojak @ RM 3.50
After being stuffed with the earlier dishes, I also bought back a packet of Rojak for my Dad. Their Rojak was good too. The difference between this and the one available at Jalal's, this had a finely ground peanut sauce where as the one at Jalal is a little coarse. Once again, this is a matter of preference as both are good in their own ways. I would rate this at 9.3/10 .

Overall, the meal that I had today was very satisfying. The dishes were good if not excellent, the prices were very reasonable and the service has been good, as always. Would come back for more!

Address: No. 14, Jalan Besar, 35900 Tanjung Malim, Perak, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 0630 - 2100 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment