Tuesday 3 February 2015

Restoran Abuya Catering & Food Supply @ Tanjung Malim, Perak

Restoran Abuya Catering & Food Supply is located along Jalan HG 1 in Taman Happy Garden, which is directly opposite the UPSI's main entrance, located along Jalan Besar, Tanjung Malim. Previously, this restaurant was known as Restoran Atan and just about two years ago, there has been a change of management and hence, the change of name. This restaurant is located a mere 2 minutes walk from my place. I used to dine at the old Restoran Atan but never at this place. Having been curious, I decided to give the place a try this morning.

Restoran Abuya in Tanjung Malim

Interior Of The Restaurant

Interior Of The Restaurant

Interior Of The Restaurant

A Range Of Coffees Offered
Generally these Abuya restaurants are associated with the right wing Islamic group, which fundamentally is a re-branding of the previously blacklisted Al Arqam group. I am not quite bothered about this as I am all out for good food and am willing to try any and every restaurant as long as the food is great. In fact, a couple of weeks ago, I also wrote about another similar Abuya Restaurant that sells excellent Satay in Tanjung Malim. As far as I as concerned, if the food is good, I am all out for them. Coming back to this restaurant, I was here early having wanted to have some breakfast and the restaurant was empty. All the staffs were busy working in the kitchen preparing lunch. Lunch seems to be the main meal at this restaurant, not any other meal. Initially I had wondered if I should just leave the staffs were not quite bothered to attend to me. But then. just thought to myself that since I am here anyway, might as well just try the place out. Having said that, I walked directly into the kitchen and asked the staffs if they had any Nasi Lemak and they all stared at me and then nodded. I then requested them for one Nasi Lemak and one Coffee and just walked out. Well, not my fault as I was waiting outside in the dining area for more than 15 minutes and despite seeing me, no one wanted to come out or even ask what I had wanted to have. At this point I would like to stress that all their helpers were Indonesian helpers. 

Coffee @ RM 1.00

Stirred Up
The Coffee is definitely much cheaper than other restaurants in this area and this is a common phenomena in these Abuya restaurants. Well, the coffee was good despite having had quite a bit of condensed milk at the bottom. When stirred, it tasted perfectly good. I would rate this Coffee at 9/10 . 

Nasi Lemak @ RM 2.00

Rice Which Tasted Like White Rice

Mediocre Sambal

Peanuts

Runny Eggs
Finally, after much waiting, my Nasi Lemak arrived and yes, I have found it. Trust me, this is the worst Nasi Lemak that I have eaten and I am officially nominating this to be the worst Nasi Lemak in Tanjung Malim town. Their lunch offering may be good, I do not know, but this Nasi Lemak was horrid. The so called coconut milk rice seemed just like the normal white rice. Their Sambal was salty and terrible. The only thing good about this was the eggs and the price which was just RM 2.00 . I just had a few mouthful's and left the rest. Definitely not coming here again for breakfast.

Despite this restaurant being so close to my place, it was a waste that their Nasi Lemak was so bad. Even if it was just average, I would have patronised them more often. Sadly, this was how it was.

Address: No. 1, Jalan HG 1, Taman Happy Garden, 35900 Tanjung Malim, Perak, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 0800 - 1600 Monday to Saturday
                             Closed on Sundays

No comments:

Post a Comment