Monday 12 January 2015

Restaurant Srri Tanjung Curry House @ Tanjung Malim, Perak

Srri Tanjung Curry House is the only Tamil Restaurant (not including those Indian Muslim Restaurants) that is open 24 hours in Tanjung Malim. This restaurant is located in Taman Anggerik Desa which is right opposite the Thandayuthapani Temple. I have blogged a number of times about this restaurant, each time showcasing different food items. Today, we were here at around dinner time to do some take away.

Srri Tanjung Curry House in Taman Anggerik Desa

Staffs Were Busy Preparing Food

The Restaurant
Today was an exceptionally busy night as there were lots of customers and the workers were busy running around serving customers. Usually at night's, most of their customers prefer to sit outdoors as it is much cooler there with only a handful of customers seated indoors, that too happens only when all the outdoor tables have been taken up.

Coca Cola @ RM 2.00

Teh O Ice @ RM 1.50
We too, took a seat at one of the outdoor tables and then ordered our drinks. I went for a glass of Teh O Ice and my brother went for a can of Coca Cola. Their Teh O Ice was quite nice, though slightly too sweet for me but as the ice melted, it started tasting fine. I would rate their Teh O Ice at 7.5/10 .

Curries

Curries

Curries

Curries
I then went indoors to order the take away food items and out of curiosity, checked what curries they still had at this hour. The food looked good and some of my favourite curries were available. They were Sardine Kulambu, Salted Fish Kulambu and many more. Having been seduced by the food there, I just ordered the take aways for my brother and parents and decided to have rice instead.

My Meal @ RM 2.50
Suddenly feeling greedy, I took a heap of rice with a lavish amount of Karuvattu (Salted Fish) Kulambu and another vegetable. They only charged me RM 2.50 for this which is very reasonable indeed.

Karuvattu Kulambu
Their Karuvattu Kulambu was very good. There were lots of potato's and salted fish chunks in it and the taste was delicious. I was impressed with the pricing too. For this amount of curry, any other shop would have charged me much more than the price paid here. For me, this curry deserves a rating of 8.8/10 .

Long Beans Perattal
Their Long Beans Perattal was good as well. Just slightly overcooked, but the gravy was awesome. This went very well with the Karuvattu Kulambu. I would rate this at 8.4/10 .

Clean Plate
I guess this should illustrate how good the curry was. The food was a delight and I was very happy with the choice of curry made. Heavenly stuff!

Thosai @ RM 1.50

Thosai @ RM 1.50
This is the one of the take away items which I got today. Their Tosai was really huge and worth the price of RM 1.50 paid. Taste wise, it was quite good and had very minimal oil. I would rate their Thosai at 8.5/10 .


Roti Canai @ RM 1.00

Roti Canai @ RM 1.00
Their Roti Canai was decent but slightly smaller than the market standards. Maybe, the lower than market price of RM 1.00 per Roti Canai was a catch to attract people and hence the reduction in size. I would rate their Roti Canai at 7.8/10 .

Fish Curry

Fish Curry
As my parents prefer their Fish Curry, I asked for that alone to be packed with the earlier Thosai and Roti Canai. Their Fish Curry was quite thick and tasted pretty good. Not to say that it was great but it was nevertheless good. I would rate this at 8.3/10 .

From the food items that I tried tonight, I have mixed sentiments about the food here but overall it was satisfying. Some were very good and some average, still this is a decent place to have a quick meal. 

Address: No. 25, Jalan Cahaya, Taman Anggerik Desa, 35900 Tanjung Malim, Perak.

Opening Hours: 24 Hours Daily

Telephone: +6012 211 8044

No comments:

Post a Comment