Thursday 29 January 2015

Kafe La Cucur Express @ KL Sentral, Kuala Lumpur

La Cucur is a Malaysian concept cafe that is located in a number of premium locations across the Klang Valley such as in Bangsar Village and KLCC. Another one of their smaller cafe's is located on the Ground Floor of KL Sentral. Since it is much smaller in size with limited dining space, this outlet is known as La Cucur Express.

La Cucur Express at KL Sentral

Small Kitchen

The Cashier's Counter

Drinks and Food Items

Food Items and Cookies

Inside Their KL Sentral Outlet

Rustic Comcept
I have passed this place like a thousand times before and have always wondered what they actually sell here. Today, I decided to drop by for tea. The place was crowded for it's size and there were a number of dine in's and the majority of them were doing take aways.

Set Meals On Specific Days

Malay Cakes
The food items are those common Malaysian delicacies and they also have an array of local Malay cakes for sale. All their items looked so good. I decided to start with one heavy dish and some tea and if I still could go on, I would then go for some Malay cakes. I then placed my orders at the cashier and paid for them. I was informed by the cashier that the food items would be sent over to my table. 

Teh Tarik @ RM 2.00
Unfortunately, the set meals were not available for today and I had to go for the Ala Carte option. The prices here were definitely a premium but as you know, this is somewhat a tourist location and hence, these prices are somewhat acceptable. The Teh Tarik was sent in a matter of minutes. The Tea was hot and it tasted very good. There were no corners cut in cutting down of the ingredients. A perfect glass of tea and I would rate this at 9/10 .

Roti Jala with Chicken Curry @ RM 7.50

Roti Jala with Chicken Curry @ RM 7.50

Delicious Roti Jala

Excellent Chicken Curry

Excellent Chicken Curry
My meal arrived quite fast too. I ordered a plate of Roti Jala which was served with some Chicken Curry. First look and I knew that this has got to be delicious and the Chicken Curry's aroma was simply so good. As expected, the Roti Jala was very good. It was soft and fluffy and the accompanying Chicken Curry was delicious too. It came with two large chunks of chicken and some potato's in a thick gravy. Awesome stuffs! The price of RM 7.50  now seemed like a very reasonable price when comparing the taste of the dish. Definitely worth the price and highly recommended! I was literally drinking the curry once the Roti Jala was done. I would rate this dish at 9.7/10 . Personally, I would not mind travelling all the way here just for this dish.

Malay Cakes @ RM 1.20 each

Malay Cakes @ RM 1.20 each
After being done with the Roti Jala, I decided to try two of their Malay Cakes. These were priced at RM 1.20 each. Both the cakes were a true delight. I have never tasted these cakes to be as good as it was here. There were no signs of them being stingy with the ingredients and they were simply too good. Just too good! These cakes deserve a rating of nothing less than 10/10 . Excellent!

From the food items that I tried today, I am impressed with this place. Never in my wildest dream did I expect the food here to be so good. Going forward, it would almost become mandatory for me to visit them every time I am here in KL Sentral. Honestly, I would not mind travelling all the way just to have their food. Every single item that I tried was absolutely fantastic. A highly recommended cafe and a must try place if you love Malay cakes.

Address: Unit 4, Level 1, Stesen Sentral, 
                50470 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 0700 - 2200

Telephone: +603 2279 8718

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LaCucurKLSentral/timeline

Press Write Ups: http://www.sinarharian.com.my/juadah/la-cucur-warung-tengah-kota-1.242346

                                         http://ww1.utusan.com.my/utusan/Korporat/20140106/ko_03/La-Cucur-sasar-tambah-dua-cawangan

No comments:

Post a Comment