Thursday 22 January 2015

928 Nice To Eat Food Centre @ Bandar Puteri, Puchong

Attached to the wet market in Bandar Puteri Puchong is a food court that goes by the name of 928 Nice To Eat Food Centre. My brother suggested to us tonight that there is such a place beside the Badminton Academy in Bandar Puteri and as we were travelling along that direction, we decided to give this place a try. 

The Food Court in Bandar Puteri

The Food Court in Bandar Puteri

Ample Parking Spaces

Quite A Number Of Stalls

Quite A Number Of Stalls

Open Air Seating Area

More Stalls Here
The place was easy to find as it was such a huge place and it was brightly lit up. Once there, parking too was easy. Since it is a functioning wet market, there were a lot of parking spaces for customers' convenience. There were at least 30 stalls there selling a variety of Chinese food items. We walked through the entire place and then decided to take our table at the open air seating area at the far end of the food court. On a cold night, this open air space can be quite chilly just like tonight. 

Chinese Tea @ RM 0.80
Drinks orders were taken at our table itself. All of us had Chinese Tea today and it was priced at 80 cents each. The quality of the tea was good and it was not diluted stuff. I would rate their Tea at 9/10 . As we had made mental notes as to what to have earlier, each of us then went individually to the respective stalls and placed our orders, while quoting our table number for ease of locating us and delivering the food.

Grilled Fish Stall

A Variety Of Items Available

Choosing The Cuts

Prices

Prices

Kam Heong Clams @ RM 11.00

Kam Heong Clams @ RM 11.00
As my brother is a fan of Ikan Bakar, he ordered some Kam Heong Clams and another dish of Ikan Bakar from this stall. The prices were on the high side here, much higher than the prices of similar items in Damansara. Nevertheless, since we were already here, just decided to give them a try. In about 15  minutes, the first dish of Kam Heong Clams were sent over to the table. By just looking at it, I knew that it was a huge mistake. The Kam Heong Clams were horrible. It was tasteless and we regretted ordering this. I would only rate this at 3/10 . Now I am hoping that the Ikan Bakar would be better. 

Ikan Bakar Kembung @ RM 6.00

Ikan Bakar Kembung @ RM 6.00

So Called Spicy Sauce
In another 10 minutes, the Ikan Bakar Kembung arrived. For the size, the price of RM 6.00 was definitely expensive. The first bite and it was another major regret. The fish was charred all over and it was such a horrible taste. The taste was off too and it felt like I was chewing on rubber. I would rate this Ikan Bakar at 2/10 . The accompanying so called Spicy Sauce was another horror. It tasted like tap water and I would only rate it at 1/10 . Definitely a big NO for this stall. 

Fried Kuey Teow Stall

Char Kuey Teow @ RM 6.00

Char Kuey Teow @ RM 6.00

Chili Paste
My Dad and Brother ordered a Char Kuey Teow each and this was priced at RM 6.00 per plate. It seems that everything here is priced on the high side. Well, I am fine as long as the taste is good, if not acceptable. The Char Kuey Teow arrived in about 10 minutes from the time of order. Taste wise, it felt like it was stir fried with Magee Chili Sauce. Yes, and that is not an exaggeration. Nowhere close to the Chinese Char Keuy Teow. Being a novice, I strongly believe that I can prepare a Char Kuey Teow to be very much tastier than this. The good thing however was that this tasted much better than the earlier Ikan Bakar. I would rate this at 4/10 . Another NO for this stall too. 

Curry Mee Stall

Curry Mee Stall

Prices

Quite A Bit Of Newspaper Write Ups On This Stall

Curry Mee @ RM 6.30

Curry Mee @ RM 6.30

Chili Paste
As the final dish, my order which was a bowl of Curry Mee arrived. There's been so much positive write up on this Curry Mee which I saw at the stall and I was literally praying that my meal at least, should be nice. Priced at RM 6.30 for the large bowl, this Curry Mee however was good, in fact it was quite good. All the essential ingredients were there and it tasted great. Glad I was and I ended up sharing my bowl of noodles with my brother and dad as their meal was pretty much a waste. So far, from the stallls that we tried tonight, this was the best and I would not mind returning for this Curry Mee. I would rate this at 9.1/10 .

Our Dinner
As mentioned earlier, everything here is on the high side of pricing and much more expensive than even their neighbours. Taste wise, they were mostly horrible except for the Curry Mee. This is based on the three stalls that we tried tonight. Out of four dishes, three were horrible and one was exceptionally good. So, it is not wrong for me to conclude that the food here generally is bad. I most likely may not return here but if I am in the vicinity and perhaps if I am in the mood for some Curry Mee, then and only then, would I come here. Otherwise, this place is a big no for me. 

Address: 1, Lengkok Puteri Utama, Bandar Puteri, 47100 Puchong,
                 Selangor, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 0600 - 0300 Daily. ( Closed from 0300 - 0600 daily for three hours)

No comments:

Post a Comment