Friday 5 December 2014

Sithique Nasi Kandar Pulau Pinang @ Brickfields, Kuala Lumpur

There are a number of good eateries in Brickfields, Kuala Lumpur and I have only covered a handful of them. In my quest to try out as many restaurants as possible in Brickfields, I decided to head over here for lunch today. 

Entrance To The Restaurant

Busy Throughout The Day

Entrance

Mee Goreng Station
Sithique has been here in Brickfields for ages now and they are one of the most famous Nasi Kandar restaurants in the country. Their other outlet is beside Odean Theatre in Kuala Lumpur. This restaurant is located almost directly facing the road towards KL Sentral and is not difficult to locate.

Price List

Price List

Me At The Restaurant
I was here after lunch hours, around 2 pm and even then, there were quite a number of people in the restaurant. I have heard lots of good reviews on this place and am very eager to try out the food.

Curries

Delicious Looking Curries

Everything Looks So Good
Even at this hour, there was close to 25 different dishes and I was informed by one of the guys that around 11 am, they would usually prepare something close to 40 varieties and most of it is sold out by 1.30 pm . During lunch hours, be prepared to wait as there would be a long queue at this counter. Fortunately, I came slightly late and there were just three people ahead of me. Every dish looks so good and I am confused as to what to have. 

White Rice and Briyani Rice Available

White Rice and Briyani Rice Available

Everyone is So Busy

Busy Serving Customers
Finally when my turn came, I decided to go for their White Rice instead of the Briyani Rice. Ordering is simple, just point out  and the server scoops out and places it on a plate for you. If unsure of any meat, it is best to clarify. For example, Lamb and Beef looks quite similar and as I do not eat Beef, I asked the guy and he was kind enough to point out the beef dishes to me. 

My Meal @ RM 8.20

Mixed All The Gravies
As you can see, I took a number of items and it only cost me RM 8.20 . Just like any other Nasi Kandar, I would always ask them to serve a dash of each gravy available for the day except of course the Beef Curry. Their curries, once mixed together was simply fantastic. I must confess that it was absolutely heavenly. I would rate their gravies at 9.5/10 .

Mutton
I had a large portion of Mutton and it was perfectly cooked. The spices were simply perfect and the meat was very tender and soft. I would rate their Mutton at 9/10 .

Potato 
The potato was thinly sliced, deep fried and cooked with spices, onions and dried chilies. The preparation was simply fantastic and I would rate this at 9.5/10 . A must try for potato lovers.

Fish Cutlet
The Fish Cutlet was just awesome. It has been a long time since I tried a Fish Cutlet this good. Most places would have added a lot of potato and just a little fish for namesake but here, it was all fish.Very very good! I would rate this at 10/10 .

Clean Plate
From the above photo, you should know how good the food was. Everything was super good and I really enjoyed my lunch. There is absolutely nothing to complain about and the price too is very reasonable.

Teh Tarik @ RM 1.30

Bru Coffee @ RM 1.80
Their Tea was perfectly fixed and not too sweet, just the way that I like it. I would rate their tea at 9/10 . Their Bru Coffee too was good but not excellent. You can surely get better ones around Brickfields. I would rate their Bru Coffee at 7.5/10 .

Overall, a very satisfying meal it was. This place is definitely one of the few places that serves the real Nasi Kandar. No complaints and everything was just very good. I would definitely return to try out more soon.

Address: 208, Jalan Tun Sambanthan, Brickfields, 50470 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 0800 - 2030 Monday to Saturday
                             0800 - 1500 Sundays

No comments:

Post a Comment