Monday 22 December 2014

Restoran Mahbub @ Damansara Damai, Petaling Jaya

Having been here last week, I have kinda became addicted to their food and returned again tonight to try out their Rice and Curries. For those who are not familiar, Restorant Mahbub has got two outlets. One in Bangsar and the other in Damansara Damai and this is about the outlet in Damansara Damai. 

Restoran Mahbub in Damansara Damai

Interior of the Restaurant

Curries Station

Freshly Fried Chicken

Nasi Lemak Station
This is one of those restaurants that operate 24 hours a day and cooking here is done twice daily thus ensuring that the customers get freshly cooked food at all times. This is the only restaurant in Damansara Damai that is crowded around the clock. Besides the usual Indian Muslim dishes, you also get good Nasi Kandar style food here. Their Nasi Beriyani Ayam Madu is one of their top dishes. They also have a wide array of sides to go with their Nasi Lemak. Their Sup Kambing here too is to die for. Though prices here are slightly on the high side, the food is good and the prices have not been prohibitive of their good business which seems to be only growing day by day.

Ice'd Water @ RM 0.30

Teh Tarik @ RM 1.40
Ice'd Water here is chargeable at RM 0.30 which is an acceptable price and their Tea is priced at RM 1.40 . Their Teh Tarik has always been consistently good and I would rate it at 9/10 .

My Meal @ RM 4.00
Having gotten my drinks, I went over to the Curries Station to pick out my meal. I choose a mix of curries along with some Long Beans Perattal, Cabbage Perattal and Egg Sambal. My meal was priced at RM 4.00 which is a decent price.

Mixed Curries
As with any Nasi Kandar meal, it is best to go with a mix of curries. My favourite here has always been their Fish and Chicken Gravy along with some Chicken Kurma. The curries were awesome and I would rate them at 9/10 .

Long Beans Perattal
The Long Beans Perattal was very good and tasty. They must have added some ghee into this dish. The beans too were crunchy and not overcooked. I would rate this at 9.3/10 .

Cabbage Perattal
Their Cabbage Perattal again was good but not as good as the earlier Long Beans Perattal. I would rate their Cabbage Perattal at 8.5/10 .

Egg Sambal
Their Egg Sambal was very nice. It was sweet and spicy and the Sambal gravy was thick and delicious. I would rate their Egg Sambal at 9.3/10 . Definitely a good preparation. 

Roti Canai Special @ RM 3.50

Roti Canai Special @ RM 3.50

Sambar

Spicy Sambal

2 Half Boil Eggs
This Roti Canai Special is a unique dish here. The only other place that I know of which sells this same dish is in Selangor Mansion in Masjid India. This dish comprises of 1 Roti Canai, 2 Half Boil Eggs, Sambar (Banjir) and some spicy Sardine Sambal.

All Mixed Up

All Mixed Up
This dish is best eaten when it is hot. If you love Sambal, then you can request for more of it to be added and then, all that you have to do is to thoroughly mix them up and it would look like the above photograph. This is an absolutely delicious dish. May seem odd if it's your first time trying this but it's a healthy and delicious dish. Do give this a try and you'd surely love it. You could also add a dash of pepper if you want. I prefer to have it just the way it is. Lovely stuff and I would rate this at 9/10 and it is worth the price paid. It gives you the same fullness of having two or three Roti Canai's. Must be the effect of the eggs. 

This place has so far never let me down when it comes to the taste and I have been a loyal customer for more than 10 years now. For me, it is definitely my favourite neighbourhood restaurant.

Address: L-013A, Jalan PJU 10/2A, Vista Shop, Damansara Damai, 
                47830 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 24 Hours Daily

Website: http://www.restoranmahbub.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment