Wednesday 17 December 2014

Restoran Anuja @ Desa Aman Puri, Kuala Lumpur

Restoran Anuja which is located in Desa Aman Puri is one of my favourite Tamil restaurants that I often patronise. When we mention Restoran Anuja, most people would think of their other restaurant which is located opposite Pudu Raya in the city but only those living in the vicinity know of their other three restaurants in Kepong area. This one in particular sells Tamil style food with Banana Leaf Meals for lunch and not the Indian Muslim style food that is available on all their other outlets. Just as a matter of information, they have recently sold that restaurant in Pudu area to an ex Deputy Minister.

Interior Of The Restaurant

Curries Station
I have been a loyal customer of this restaurant since 2012 which is when I first discovered it. During lunch, it is all Banana Leaf Meals and their Briyani's too tend to get sold out pretty fast. Today I am here at about 5.30 pm which is a late lunch for me. At this hour, there isn't much of a Banana Leaf Meal and so I opted to have lunch on a plate. Sometime early this year, they had changed their chef and the food had gotten really bad and their business had been dropping. I think that they had got the message and they have acquired another chef recently and the food is now back to what it was which is really fantastic. Since I was going for the plate, I picked my curries from the curry station and the staffs here are not stingy with the portions that one takes. 

Teh Tarik @ RM 1.50
The prices here are generally on the high side but it is worth paying as the food is good. We had a Teh Tarik and a Coffee. Both were good and priced at RM 1.50 each. I would rate their drinks at 8.8/10 .

My Meal @ RM 5.50

My Meal @ RM 5.50
My meal comprised of White Rice, Venthayam Kulambu, Pulicha Kirai Kadaiyal, 2 pieces of Tofu Sambal and a glass of Rasam. Total meal was priced at RM 5.50 .

Venthayam Kulambu
The Venthayam Kulambu was really thick, fused with spices and tasted really great. Not many places serve gravy this thick and it is almost like a boon to get this kind of curry. The taste was absolutely good and I would rate this at 9.6/10 .

Pulicha Kirai Kadaiyal
The Pulicah Kirai Kadaiyal too was great and not diluted. Since the curries were so good, I did not need to add any more meat dishes to add taste to it. I would rate this gravy at 9.7/10 .

Tofu Sambal
The Tofu Sambal too was very good. You can see from the gravy that it was thick. It tasted sweet and spicy and went well with the rice. Another highly recommended dish here. I would rate this at 9.5/10 .

Rasam
Rasam comes complimentary with the Meal set. Their Rasam was nice with a balanced flavour. I would rate this at 8.5/10 .

The Bill
It is good to see that they have come back to what they were as far as the taste goes. Some may feel that the pricing is high but it is truly worth it. Definitely one of the Tamil restaurants that I would strongly recommend!

Address: No. 69A, Jalan Desa 2/3, Desa Aman Puri, 
                52100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Telephone: +603 6280 4205

Opening Hours: 24 Hours Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment