Saturday 20 September 2014

Restoran Nasi Kandar Seri Kota Sdn Bhd @ Hulu Bernam, Selangor

Restoran Nasi Kandar Seri Kota is located in Taman Bahtera, near the Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris hostel. The locality which is away from town makes it a favourite place among the locals who want to have a quiet tea and meal.

Restoran Nasi Kandar Seri Kota in Taman Bahtera

Generally a quiet environment

Curries Station

The Restaurant

The Restaurant

Curries
Previously, they used to be based opposite the Hindu temple and in recent years, have moved to this locality. My brother and I usually come here when we want to have a quiet tea. This restaurant occupies a corner unit and that has given them the added advantage of having an airy and spacious seating space for customers. The area too usually has a mild breeze which makes the place cool without the usual restaurant heat that comes from the kitchen. All the staffs here are foreigners and it is pretty much managed by a Nepalese supervisor. This restaurant operates 24 hours daily. Usually we are here just for a drink and it was today, the first time that we decided on trying out their food.

Teh O @ RM 1.00
This is my brother's favourite drink every time he comes here. He would usually have at least two of those before leaving. The Teh O here is nice and is usually served boiling hot. I would rate their Tea at 8.5/10 .

Teh Tarik @ RM 1.20
This is my favourite drink here. The Tea here is fixed well, despite being made by the Nepalese workers. The flavours are balanced and deserved a rating of 8.5/10 . Not great, but good.

Roti Canai @ RM 1.00 each

Roti Canai @ RM 1.00 each
They do serve some decent Roti Canai's here. I find them to be above average, better than most places but definitely not up to the 'excellent' level. There is still room for improvement. My rating for this shall be 7/10 . I also took away some Capati's to have at home which I forgot to take a picture of. It was priced at RM 1.00 each too. Their Capati's were horrible. It was hard and tasted quite bad. I would rate them at 4/10, definitely not recommended. 

Dhall Curry

Dhall Curry
Their Dhall Curry was just so so. For me, it was just an average Dhall Curry that you get in most places. Not worthy of any mention. I would rate this at 5/10 .

Fish Curry

Fish Curry
Their Fish Curry was definitely better than their Dhall Curry, nevertheless it still had loads of room for improvement. Slightly on the oily side, it was just okay. I would rate this at 6.5/10 .

Magee Curry @ RM 3.70

Magee Curry @ RM 3.70
This dish, I found it to be very good. In fact anytime better than most other restaurants out there. It came with loads of bird eye chili and was on the spicy side, just the way I love. The curry too was thick and come with a decent amount of vegetables. Definitely a recommended dish here and I shall rate it at 9/10 .

On the whole, besides the drinks the only food that I truly enjoyed was their Magee Curry. The rest was just so so and having tasted their curries, I believe the rice dishes and gravies would also be quite similar. Definitely needs improvement in this area, otherwise a great place for a good cup of tea.

Address: Jalan Bahtera 1C, Taman Bahtera,
                35900 Hulu Bernam, Selangor , Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 24 Hours Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment