Monday 18 August 2014

Restoran E Soo Yong Tau Foo (Aman Puri) Sdn Bhd @ Desa Aman Puri, Kuala Lumpur

Usually when I want to have Yong Tau Fu, I would go to Ipoh Road Hakka Yong Tau Fu which is located in Desa Aman Puri and I have been their loyal customer for years now. Never did I know that there was another Yong Tau Fu outlet here in Desa Aman Puri until tonight, and that too located directly opposite the Anuja Restaurant which I usually frequent.

Restaurant E Soo Yong Tau Foo in Desa Aman Puri

Restaurant E Soo Yong Tau Foo in Desa Aman Puri

Interior of the Restaurant
This restaurant is located along Jalan Desa 2/3 in Desa Aman Puri, directly opposite Restaurant Anuja. I am not sure if they have other branches but it seemed like they have a few branches as they named the restaurant as Aman Puri branch. The owner, a Chinese gentleman was there and he was the one who was explaining to us the variety of dishes available here and all their workers are from Myanmar. The restaurant seemed very organised and clean to me.

Their Menu

Their Menu

Their Menu
The above are their Yong Tau Fu items that is available. All of which are priced at RM 1.30 each. They cover both steamed and fried items.

Their Menu

Their Menu

Their Menu
On the reverse side of their menu, they have a number of other dishes too. I was told by the owner that these are also favourites here. Since it was only three of us, we decided to stick to the Yong Tau Fu for tonight.

Order Chit

Order Chit
The owner then passed us the above order chit for us to place our orders. You could see that some items have been struck off as they were sold out for the day.

Cutlery

Sauces

Chinese Tea @ RM 0.60

Sauces

Waiting for our Dinner

Waiting for our Dinner
It wasn't a long wait and the dishes started arriving in about 20 minutes. This restaurant has both indoor and outdoor seating. As it was a cold rainy night, we decided to sit outdoors.

Steamed Yong Tau Fu in Clear Soup
First to arrive was the steamed Yong Tau Fu items which came in a large bowl with clear soup. I shall speak more on each of the items shortly. The soup was quite nice and had a good amount of pepper in it making it slightly on the spicy side. I would rate the soup at 8.5/10 .

Fish Ball @ RM 1.30 each
Their Fish Ball was the homemade variety. This was evident as it was not round like the factory produce. The Fish Balls were soft, not the best that I have tried, but it was nice. I would rate this at 8.3/10 .

Steamed Sui Gau @ RM 1.30 each
The steamed Sui Gau was good. I loved the filling as it had not only fish but some vegetables in it making it crunchy and juicy with each bite. This was a good preparation and I would rate it at 8.9/10 .

Fried Bitter Gourd @ RM 1.30 per piece
The Fried Bitter Gourd was again a good preparation. Observe how thick it is and the filling was very nice. Definitely worth the price paid. I would rate this at 8.8/10 .

Chili @ RM 1.30 each
The Stuffed Chili was also really huge and had lots of fish fillings in it. Not too spicy, it was good. I would rate this at 8.9/10 .

Fried Items Served Separately
The fried variety came slightly later and it was freshly fried to order. That's good customer service and I didn't mind the waiting time as you are ensured fresh items with each serving.

Stuffed Fried Tofu @ RM 1.30 each

Good Stuffings
Their Fried Stuffed Tofu was really good, in fact it was one of the best that I have tried. The tofu itself was crispy at the skin and soft on the inside. The fillings were abundant as you can see. In fact, two thirds were the meat filling and a third was the tofu. Definitely delicious stuff. Good to be eaten on it's own. I would rate this at 9.5/10 .

Fried Rolled Fu Chok @ RM 1.30 each
Their Fried Rolled Fu Chok was nice, but not great. I have definitely tasted much better ones. I would rate this at 7.4/10 .

Fried Fu Chok @ RM 1.30 each
This Fried Fu Chok was very good, contrary to the rolled variety. Definitely homemade as the taste was very unique. It was crispy with a unique taste and absolutely delicious. I would rate this at 9.4/10 .

Fried Sui Gau @ RM 1.30 each
The Fried Sui Gau was nice but the steamed variety was much better. It had a good amount of filling but lacked the crispiness. I would rate this at 8/10 .

Dinner in Progress
On the whole, this place does have a number of unique Yong Tau Fu items. Definitely a good change from my usual place. The price of RM 1.30 each may seem slightly on the high side but believe me, the pieces here were much bigger than what you would get elsewhere and hence I feel that the price matches with the items served. Definitely a place that I would return.

Address: No. 3-68A (GF), Jalan Desa 2/3, Desa Aman Puri,
                52100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Telephone: +6016 3877 250 & +6012 626 9020

Opening Hours: Mon - Thurs 1000 - 2130
                            Fri - Sunday  1000 - 2200

No comments:

Post a Comment