Saturday 12 April 2014

Restoran Anuja @ Desa Aman Puri, Kuala Lumpur

Whenever one mentions Restaurant Anuja, most of us would remember the restaurant in front of Pudu Raya Bus Terminal but not many know that they have three other restaurants around Kepong area. Most of their restaurants has the Indian Muslim concept and food except for this particular outlet that is located in Desa Aman Puri which serves Tamil food. 

Restaurant Anuja in Desa Aman Puri

Restaurant Anuja in Desa Aman Puri

Interior of the restaurant

Breakfast Corner

Interior of the restaurant

The Curry Station
This restaurant is located not too far from my place and you would have seen me blog about this place a number of times before but I constantly do it as the taste may change over time and it is the true responsibility of a food blogger to post on the latest taste change if he has visited the restaurant recently. Here, ordering can be done either at your table or you could head over to the curry station and choose the dishes. Meals could also be had on a plate or Banana Leaf, of course the price varies for both options. Since we were in the mood for Banana Leaf meal, we went for the latter.

Teh O Ais @ RM 1.10
Their Teh O Ais was quite nicely fixed. There was a decent amount of tea in the drink and not too much ice. I would rate this at 8.8/10 .

Banana Leaf Meal @ RM 5.50
They were quite speedy in serving the meals and this Banana Leaf Meal comes at a price of RM 5.50 each. They have options of both White Rice and Par Boil Rice here. 

Kirai Kadaiyal
This 'Kirai Kadaiyal' was done just okay, it was overcooked and therefore the vegetable had lost most of it's taste. Just a very average dish that had gone slightly wrong. I would rate this at 5/10 .

Cauliflower Chinese Style
This vegetable was once again overcooked. Just by looking at it, one would know that all the nutrients have already been drained out. Not only that, the cauliflower itself had become too soft. Though the right ingredients were added, the dish was a flop. I would only rate this at 3/10 .

Cucumber Acar
Luckily, this Cucumber Acar was not overcooked. The cucumber was not overcooked but it lacked the curd. This was just edible and I would rate this at 6/10 .Usually the vegetables here are good but not sure why today it is all bad.

Fried Bitter-gourd and Pickled Chili 
Both the above items were fresh. They were kept in air tight containers to ensure that customers get it crispy, just the way it should be. I would rate this at 8.5/10 .

Papadam and Pickles
Once again, the Papadam was freshly fried and it was crispy and not the fold-able type. The pickles too was good.

Mutton Gravy
The Mutton Gravy is usually good here as every time I come here, I would request for the same but today it was quite watery. I was observing the staff and it was only then that I learned the reason for this. Since it was a Saturday, there was a huge turnout for lunch and they had run low on the curries and that is when I saw the staffs adding hot water into all the gravy. As a customer, I was disappointed. I would only rate this gravy at 5/10 when usually I would rate this very much higher. Just disappointed.  

Chicken Perattal @ RM 4.80
Their Chicken Perattal today was horrible. The meat was hard, the gravy tasteless and a total let down. I think they had run out of Chicken Perattal and they had taken the Fried Chicken and tried to make some magic out of it, not sure if it was recycled from yesterday. I would only rate this at 4/10 . 

Mutton Varuval @ RM 5.00
The Mutton Varuval which is usually nice was also just average today, but definitely much better than the earlier chicken. Though it looks spicy and delicious, it tasted quite flat. I would rate this at 6.5/10 .

Goat Intestine Curry @ RM 5.00
Luckily, the Goat Intestine Curry was consistent today and it was fantastic! Perfectly spiced, it was simply delicious. I would rate this at 9.5/10 .

Rasam
Rasam comes complimentary with the Banana Leaf Meal set. Their Rasam was nice with a balanced flavour. I would rate this at 8.5/10 .

Their Outlets
Today's meal was a sheer disappointment except for the Goat Intestine Curry. One lesson that I learned from this place is to avoid it on weekends when the crowd is huge as they tend to dilute the curries. I don't think I would return here on another weekend, weekdays definitely for sure. 

Address: No. 69A, Jalan Desa 2/3, Desa Aman Puri, 
                52100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Telephone: +603 6280 4205

Opening Hours: 24 Hours Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment