Tuesday 1 April 2014

JAKE'S Charbroil Steaks @ Medan Damansara, Kuala Lumpur

Jake's Charbroil Steaks has been around for 31 years now and is very famous among steak lovers and KL'ites. All these years, I have been a frequent visitor to Victoria Station, The Ship and Windmill and never once had I been to Jake's thinking that they only serve beef until recently, one of my friend's informed me that they serve lamb and poultry too. Having learned this, I decided to head there for dinner today.

Restaurant Jake's Charbroil Steaks in Medan Damansara

Outdoor Waiting Area

Interior of the Restaurant

Lovely Partitioned Seating Area
Once inside, I was greeted by the captain and was then ushered to my table. I like the set up that gives maximum privacy to guests. Dimly lit up, the place emanates a romantic ambiance. 

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu
Looking at their menu, I was surprised to see that they have an array of dishes to offer, from beef, lamb, poultry to seafood and a range of drinks as well. Do note that this is a Pork Free restaurant but they do not have the Halal status as they serve alcohol on the menu. The prices are premium but that is indeed the true price for these premium cuts of meat. After going through the menu, I decided on a soup and their Australian Lamb Steak with Mint Jelly.

Nescafe @ RM 4.50

Nescafe @ RM 4.50
I ordered the above Nescafe and it was served black with milk and sugar on the sides. The coffee was fixed perfectly. I would rate their coffee at 9/10 .

Chicken Mushroom Soup @ RM 14.00

Chicken Mushroom Soup @ RM 14.00
Within 10 minutes from ordering, the soup arrived. It was served piping hot. The soup was their own recipe and not one of those that was popped off a can. The soup was the best that I had tried in a very long time. Having a mixture of chicken and mushroom, it had a unique flavour and was heavenly. Definitely a highly recommended dish here. I would rate this at 10/10 .

Australian Lamb Steak with Mint Jelly @ RM 54.00
The Lamb Steak was quite a huge and thick chunk and it came with Mint Jelly, Fried Potato's, Corn on the Cob, Mustard and some vegetables.

The Lamb Steak
The Lamb Steak was lovely. It was not the usual type that you get in Victoria Station or The Ship. This was prepared more like a steak and was grilled to perfection. The meat was nicely done and perfectly flavoured, with careful care taken so that the juices were still intact when serving. I would rate this at 9.3/10 .

Potato and Mint Jelly
Usually, we would be served with Mint Sauce when we order Lamb Chop but here, their specialty is this Mint Jelly. I wonder how they prepare this but it was heavenly and went very well with the meat. This mint jelly deserves a rating of 9.5/10 . The Fried Potato was also very nicely done. I love it when it is fried with the skin and was mildly salted. The Fried Potato deserves a rating of 9/10 . Being a potato lover, I would have loved if the portion for this would have been more, nevertheless, it was delicious.

Steamed Vegetables
A small portion of vegetables were also served with the dish. They were steamed with butter to give it a soft and creamy taste. It was nice and I shall rate this at 8.5/10 .

Contact Information

Previous Opening Hours
Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed the meal. Though slightly high on prices, the food was delicious and it was something different when compared to what you get in Victoria Station, The Ship or even Windmill. Definitely would come back soon to try out their other offerings.

Address: No.21, Jalan Setiapuspa, Medan Damansara,
                50490 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: Mon - Sat 1200 - 1500 & 1800 - 2300
                            Sun & Public Holiday 1830 - 2215

Telephone: +603 2094 5677

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jakescharbroil

Website: http://www.jakes.com.my/

No comments:

Post a Comment