Monday 17 March 2014

Restoran Tiong Hokkien Mee @ Damansara Utama, Petaling Jaya

I usually go to Damansara Hokkien Mee wherever I want to have my Hokkien Mee fix but tonight, I decided to visit their neighbours instead. Tiong Hokkien Mee too has their own fans. Though this place is  not as packed as their neighbours, it still has a decent crowd every night. 

Tiong Hokkien Mee in Damansara Utama

Indoor Seating Area

Indoor Seating Area

Outdoor Tables are available too
I was here way pass the usual dinner hours and just before supper time and hence the restaurant was not too crowded. Once seated, I was immediately attended to by the boss himself. Compared to their neighbours, this restaurant was definitely much cleaner and all the cooking was done inside the kitchen.

The Cutlery

Herbal Tea @ RM 2.00
Their Herbal Tea was diluted and yet, it was priced at RM 2.00 per glass Over at their neighbour's, the Herbal Tea only costs RM 1.80 and is of much better quality than this. I would only rate this drink at 5/10 .

Hokkien Mee @ RM 8.00

Hokkien Mee @ RM 8.00
The Hokkien Mee I ordered was for one pax and it was priced at RM 8.00 . Over at their neighbours, it is priced at RM 7.50 . The preparation style is different here too. It is moist but not as moist as their neighbour's, yet it was still tasty. The noodles itself was springy and fresh and it came with good amounts of cabbage, pork and prawns. Though different in style of preparation, I still enjoyed this dish. I would rate this noodles at 8.8/10 .

Chili Paste
Their Chili Paste was different too. Though it was nice, I would still prefer the Chili Paste at Damansara Hokkien Mee Restaurant. It felt like it lacked belacan. I would rate this preparation at 7/10 .

Fermented Red Beancurd (Nam Yu) Fried Chicken Wings @ RM 5.00

Wonderfully Coated and Flavoured
The Fried Chicken Wings is a specialty at this restaurant. I ordered two pieces and it was served in a plate with banana leaf at the base. The Chicken Wings were simply delicious. They were fried to perfection in a coating of spices that was simply perfect. If only I was able to consume more, I would have definitely ordered another helping of these. My rating for these would be a perfect 10/10 .

Since I came alone, I could only try the above two dishes but I would definitely return again to try out their other dishes soon. I did observe some tables ordering their Wan Tan Hor and Lor Mee and they looked delicious. Definitely a highly recommended restaurant and a good alternative to their neighbours if you are looking at trying the same dish in a slightly different style of preparation.

Address: No. 85, Jalan SS 21.37, Damansara Utama,
                47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.

Opening Hours: 1730 - 0200 Daily

Telephone: +6016 305 0444 

No comments:

Post a Comment