Wednesday 6 November 2013

Texas Chicken @ Damansara Perdana, Petaling Jaya

Texas Chicken is not something that is new to me. Every time I make a trip to Indonesia, I make it a point to dine at their restaurants and I have been doing this for a number of years now. It is so common to find them in Indonesia so much so, KFC would be hard to locate. Having recently opened up in Malaysia, my brother was telling me that he wanted to try the place out and I suggested for us to visit the outlet in Damansara Perdana as it is the closest to me. This particular outlet is located in Empire Damansara, a newly constructed building right next to PJ Trade Centre. 

Texas Chicken at Empire Damansara

Lovely Deco

Interior of the restaurant
This outlet is easy to locate as it is clearly visible from the main road. Parking is easily available inside the building and since it is new, they have not started charging for parking as of yet. 

Ordering At The Counter

Free Refills For Drinks
Just like any other fast food outlet, ordering is done at their counter. The staffs here seem new themselves and did not know much about the variety offered and their differences but since I was familiar with the offering, it did not pose much of a trouble to us. Moreover their menu cards spelled everything out very clearly. All the drinks purchased comes bottomless. Even at the counter, they would only provide you with an empty cup and a straw and you could get your drinks at the dispensing machine that is located in one corner. 

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu
Their menu had a good variety of Ala Carte and Combo sets. All the items seemed exactly the same except that their Chicken dishes which usually comes with some steamed Butter Rice in Indonesia and that was not available here and in fact even if it was available, I don't think that it would be well accepted by Malaysians as it is just not the local taste. In Indonesia, every fast food outlet would have some kind of rice included in the combo sets and that must be the preference there. 

Combo 1 @ RM 10.30
My brother ordered Combo 1 which comes with two pieces of Fried Chicken, 1 Biscuit, a small Mashed Potatoes and a small Coleslaw. The Fried Chicken comes with a choice of Original and Spicy and he went with Spicy. The Chicken pieces here were definitely very much bigger than what is served in both KFC and Mc Donalds and the meat was juicier and crunchier. Comparing this to KFC, I would say that this was way better. I would rate their Chicken at 8.8/10 . They also serve this unique Honey Butter Biscuits which is typically somewhere between a muffin and a biscuit. It is soft but not as soft as a muffin and slightly crunchy which makes it something unique. We definitely enjoyed that and I would rate it at 9/10 .

Mashed Potato
The Mashed Potato has a slightly darker gravy compared to the golden brown colour that is seen in KFC. Comparing the two, this was once again very much better. The Mashed Potato was more flavourful and was more satisfying. It did not make one thirsty after consuming it. When I have the Mashed Potato in KFC, I would usually end up being very thirsty and this was not the case here. I feel that the usage of MSG must be much lower. I enjoyed their version of the Mashed Potatoes very much so much so, I ended up finishing most of it. I would rate this at 9.5/10 .

Coleslaw
Whenever I go to KFC, I would always leave their Coleslaw as the vegetables seem mostly old and you get a weird chemical like taste in it. Here, I was able to eat the whole portion without a problem. To me, this seemed more fresh and had a good dairy taste to it. I would rate this at 9/10 .

Tenders @ RM 6.70

Three Differect Sauces were available but we choose Barbeque Sauce

The Thick Delicious Barbeque Sauce

My Brother Enjoying his Meal
If you are not in the mood to have the huge Chicken chunks, then the Tenders is a good alternative. Having been fried with the same recipe, this is a good option for kids or even anyone for that matter who prefers not to get their hands dirty and prefer a boneless piece. They provide three different dip sauces to go with i.e. BBQ, Ranch & Creamy Jalapeno. As I have tried all three in the past, I preferred to go with the BBQ sauce. My brother is one who does not have any sauces and he too for a change enjoyed the BBQ sauce and in fact, finished most of it. I would rate their Tenders at 9/10 .

I am glad that Texas Chicken has finally set foot in Malaysia as in my opinion, they serve better fried Chicken compared to KFC, Mc Donalds and even A&W. The other franchise that also sells great fried chicken and is widely available in Indonesia is California Fried Chicken and I am hoping for the time when they too are widely available in Malaysia. As for now, I would be sticking to Texas Chicken to satisfy my fried chicken cravings.

Address: G02 & G03, Empire Damansara, Jalan PJU 8/8, 
                Damansara Perdana, 47820 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.

Opening Hours: 1000 - 2200 Daily

Website: http://www.texaschickenmalaysia.com/index.html

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TexasChickenMalaysia?filter=2

No comments:

Post a Comment