Thursday 21 November 2013

Restoran Bak Ku Teh @ Damansara Perdana, Petaling Jaya

Restoran Bak Ku Teh is the newest restaurant that has opened up in Damansara Perdana and coincidentally, I was there on their first day of business which was the 30th of October 2013. I had blogged about their food from my last visit and as I was really impressed, I returned today with another friend in hopes of being able to try more dishes. To reach this place, once inside Damansara Perdana, take the second turn left which would bring you to Friendscino Cafe and Burger Byte and you would be able to see this restaurant on your right. It is located along the same row as Restaurant 8888. 

Restoran Bak Ku Teh in Damansara Perdana

Their Menu

Interior of the restaurant
The Menu was just a simple one sided laminate. The service here was very efficient with the waiters waiting at the entrance, attending to customers needs almost immediately and everyone was moving so fast and it all seemed like a dance to me. When it was my turn to order, this time I did not need the bosses help as I was already very familiar with the food here and went on ordering a number of main dishes and some sides. Both of us present today are good eaters and we were both really hungry. 

Herbal Tea @ RM 1.00
The last visit, the Herbal Tea was really bad and I had guessed then that since it was their first day, they did not know how to gauge the crowd and having said accurately, after a few weeks now, it was really perfect. No flaws in the drink and it was really good. I would rate this drink at 10/10 .

Oil Rice
The Bak Kut Teh set here comes with the Oil Rice which is how it should be served. Nevertheless, to those that prefer White Rice, that too is available.

Yau Char Kui @ RM 3.00
Their Yau Char Kui was very fresh and soft. The good thing about it being soft is that it could absorb the broth and would be able to bring out an excellent blend of taste. I would rate these at 9/10 .

Onion Oil Tofu @ RM 3.00
Honestly, I do not know why this is called Onion Oil Tofu as that should be the dry soft one which is also there in the menu. To me, this is the standard Fried Tofu found in the Bak Kut Teh Herbal broth. This again met my expectations and I think it is rightly priced at RM 3.00 bearing in mind the quantity given. I would rate this dish at 9.2/10 .

Klang Original Bak Kut Teh @ RM 12.00
This dish was excellently prepared. There were loads of Fu Chok, Tofu, Mushrooms and a good amount of lean meat in a very dark and thick broth. You could of course ask for spare parts if you like them and even the big bone is available. The highlight of this dish is their dark coloured broth which was simply fantastic. I would rate this dish at 9.7/10 .

Dry Bak Kut Teh @ RM 13.00
Priced at RM 13.00, it does come in a decent portion size which is sufficient for one, even a heavy eater like me. The dish is mixed with lean meat and the 'spare parts'.The gravy was thick and it was well absorbed into the meat. It was slightly on the spicy side and leaves a slight vinegar aftertaste. The dish was very nice, in fact it was one of the best Dry Bak Kut Teh's that I have tried. I would rate this at 9.5/10 .

Special Red Wine Chicken @ RM 13.00
Another fantastic dish. The taste of Red Wine was very strong and together with the herbs, made this a fabulous dish. I have tried this similar dish in many other places including those famous ones in Sungai Buloh but this beat them all. It was simply heavenly. I would rate this dish at 9.7/10 .

A Bowl of Dark Bak Kut Teh Soup
This again comes complementary as part of the set. This dark type of soup is not common in the Klang Valley and I was excited when I saw it as I love the dark broth. The broth was just perfect with no flaws and just like the colour, was packed with strong flavours. Customers are not limited to a single bowl and top ups are provided without a penny being charged. In fact, we ended up having roughly three bowls each. I would rate this at 10/10 . 

My Food Mate
Definitely these guys serve some excellent Bak Kut Teh be it their 'Klang Original Bak Kut Teh', Dry Bak Kut Teh or their Red Wine Chicken, it was all fantastic. This place would definitely be one of my favourite BKT restaurants as their food is good, price is reasonable and the service is very efficient. Worth visiting!!!

Address: 12A-1 (Ground Floor), Jalan PJU 8/5C, Damansara Perdana,
                47820 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 1100 - 1500 & 1730 - 2200 Daily

Telephone: +6010 513 3353 (Ah Ming)

No comments:

Post a Comment