Monday 11 November 2013

Kin San Kichi Japanese Restaurant @ Desa Sri Hartamas, Kuala Lumpur

Kin San Kichi is a Japanese Restaurant that has been around for a number of years now. Located in Desa Sri Hartamas, this lovely restaurant is right in front of the open car park. I had not known that this place existed as it is a little tucked away from the main roads until I started searching for new eateries around this area.

Kin San Kichi in Desa Sri Hartamas

Interior of the Restaurant
Having been around for almost a decade now, the interior of the restaurant is definitely in need of some serious refurbishment. This restaurant is packed every day as they serve good Japanese food at very cheap prices. I was unable to photograph their Menu but as you read along, you would know what I mean when I say that the prices here a very cheap. The portion sizes too are quite huge. I must also commend the staffs for their good and prompt service. 

Green Tea @ RM 1.30
As it was a rather rainy day, I decided to go for some hot Green Tea. At RM 1.30, it comes bottomless and the tea was rather good. It definitely had strong flavours. I would rate their tea at 9/10 .

Mixed Sushi @ RM 22.50
The above Mixed Sushi platter is definitely a good choice if you love Sushi's. It comes in an assortment of Sushi's and gives you an opportunity to try a good variety. If you are a light eater, then this dish alone should be sufficient as their Sushi's are quite big and fills up fast. Taste wise, they were very good and fresh. I am surely of the opinion that this is a value for money platter. I would rate this dish at 9.5/10 .

Chawan Mushi @ RM 3.00
Being a fan of Japanese food, I do try a new place at least once a week. I have tried Chawan Mushi's that are good but never before seen Chawan Mushi that is excellent like this. Believe me or not, this Chawan Mushi dissolves in the mouth and it was so smooth, wonderfully textured and flavoured. This is definitely the best that I have tried. I would rate this a perfect 10/10 .

Salmon Shioyaki @ RM 20.50

Salmon Shioyaki @ RM 20.50
The Salmon Shioyaki was prepared to perfection. The fish was fresh, the preparation was very good and the entire dish was so juicy. While the fish was tender and juicy, I loved the way that the Salmon Skin was crispy yet delicious. Excellent dish! And for the price, I was given double the portion of what I would have gotten elsewhere. I would rate this at a perfect 10/10 .

Gyoza @ RM 8.50
The Gyoza was also quite good but it did not overly impress me. I felt that the skin was slightly thick and would have been better if it was thinner. Otherwise, it was a good dish and I would rate this at 8.7/10 . For the price of RM 8.50,  I did get six large pieces in the plate which is value for money.

Location Map
This restaurant is definitely a must visit place if you are a fan of Japanese food. Their service is fantastic, the food is very good and the price is definitely the cheapest that I have seen in the Klang Valley. An excellent place and thumbs up to them!!!

Address: 16, Jalan 27/70A, Desa Sri Hartamas, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 1200 - 1430 & 1800 - 2215 Daily

Telephone: +603 2300 3889

No comments:

Post a Comment