Tuesday 13 August 2013

Weng Kei Chicken Rice @ Damansara Perdana, Petaling Jaya

Weng Kei Chicken Rice is a stall that is located inside Restaurant Ah Sai in Bandar Damansara Perdana, Petaling Jaya. Being manned by two foreign workers and the lady boss, this little stall does have some great meat to offer.


Generally, the overall cleanliness at this stall is quite good compared to some other stalls in this restaurant. Ordering here is quite straight forward just like any typical Chinese hawker stall. Just walk up to them, order your choice of meat and then head back to your table and within minutes, the dish arrives and you pay the amount due. Here the price list is also clearly visible on the cart thus avoiding any possible misunderstanding. I was really in the mood for some meat today and ordered a mixture of Roast Pork and Roasted Chicken with a request to double the amount of Pork. 

Rice & Chili Paste
Their rice preparation was very good compared to many other stalls out there. It was so good that it could be even eaten on it's own. The Chili Paste was no exception either. It was also well prepared. I would rate their rice at 8.8/10 .

My Meal @ RM 6.50
That's my portion of meat and is a rather huge one. In total, this meal cost me RM 6.50 which is really reasonable. The Roasted Pork was crispy and juicy and thinly cut to the right size. I think that this is one of the good places to get the Roast Pork compared to the many Chicken Rice places that I have visited. It is not the best, but surely one of the best. I would rate their Roast Pork at 9/10 .

Closer Look at the Roast Chicken
Besides the Roast Pork being good, I felt that their Roast Chicken was equally good too.The meat was tender, juicy and well marinated. Definitely something that I enjoyed thoroughly. I would rate their Roast Chicken at 8.8/10 . 

Clear Soup
The Clear Soup was really superb. Usually I do not enjoy the soup which is given in these Chicken Rice stalls but in this case, I asked them to top it up and they did it for free. It was really that good and deserves a perfect 10/10. Definitely the best that I have tried in a stall like this. 

Besides the Roast Chicken and Pork that I had today, they also had Roast Duck to offer. Their Duck Rice comes at a price of RM 5.00 per plate and Chicken Rice at RM 4.50 per plate. A whole bird of Roast Duck is sold for RM 48.00, whole Roast Chicken for RM 36.00 and 1Kg of Roast Pork for RM 60.00 . These are really affordable prices and with the quality of taste that you get here, it is truly worth it.

Address: No.1, Jalan PJU 8/5E, Damansara Perdana,
                47820 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 1000 - 2300 Daily




No comments:

Post a Comment