Saturday 3 August 2013

Sunrise Cafe @ Ujong Pasir, Melaka

It's the start of the Raya holidays and I decided to take the whole week off and spend some time for myself in Malacca. I left early Saturday and since I would be staying a number of days in a row, getting a hotel was a challenge and the only place that could provide me with a decent stay over the number of nights that I was looking for was the below Sunflower Hotel which is located in Ujong Pasir, Melaka. 

Sunrise Cafe in Hotel Sunflower, Malacca

Outside Seating Space

Interior of the Cafe
The first night here, I was not really in the mood to head out to town and look for food and then just decided to have dinner at the cafe that is attached to the hotel. This cafe is called Sunrise Cafe and seems quite popular among the hotel residents. Seeing quite a crowd there, I assumed that the food would be good and decided to just have dinner here today. 

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu
Once seated, we were attended to by the waiter who seemed like a foreigner. The above are just a few pages from their menu which had a little bit of each, across a wide range of cuisines. Glancing their menu, they had offerings from Chinese, Italian, Malay, Malaysian, Nyonya, Portuguese and Western Cuisines. But they do not have any vegetarian dishes in their menu. Just something that they should perhaps include in their menu as quite a number of people are vegans now. The food prices were really cheap. I am not sure if this is the standard price in Malacca but in comparison with Kuala Lumpur, this is really cheap. There were a number of dishes that seemed to be labelled as recommended dishes, and I decided to stick to them which were all local dishes. 

Sunrise Cocktail @ RM 6.50
This was their house cocktail. The ingredients were not spelled out in the menu but I sense Orange Juice, Pineapple Juice and some Strawberry Jelly at the base. Slightly on the thick side and served chill, it was a very refreshing drink. Definitely a good drink to have when you are tired. I do not think that it was artificially sweetened but it had the right balance in it and I definitely enjoyed the drink. I would rate this drink at 9/10 .

Homemade Seafood Bee Hoon Soup @ RM 6.90

A Closer Look At The Ingredients
The first dish I had was the above Homemade Seafood Bee Hoon Soup which came at a price of RM 6.90 . Honestly, this dish was a disaster and it was very bad. I do not know why they called it seafood noodles as there was nothing more but a few prawns and some shredded chicken. The soup was tasteless and flat. I just had a a few scoops and deserted the dish. A total disaster. I would rate this dish at a mere 1/10 . 

Fried Bee Hoon with Egg @ RM 4.90
With the earlier dish being a disappointment, I was still hungry and had to order another dish. This time I went for the above Fried Bee Hoon with Egg that comes at RM 4.90 . This dish was way better than the previous one. It was a typical Fried Noodles that we get in most restaurants. It was not the greatest or anywhere near the top ten that I have tried, but it was decent and edible. At least it satisfied my hunger tonight.I would rate this at 5/10 .

Overall I was slightly disappointed with this place and for sure would not return here again despite being conveniently attached to the hotel. I think their price tags are cheap but the quality of the food is too low.  They definitely need to up the bar here.

Address: Sunflower Hotel, Jalan PJ 1, Taman Pertam Jaya, 
                75050 Padang Temu, Malacca, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 0730 - 2300 Daily

Telephone: +606 282 1500

No comments:

Post a Comment