Saturday 20 July 2013

Tasteful @ Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport, Taipei, Taiwan

With all work settled in Taipei, it's now time to head back to Malaysia and here I am at the Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport waiting for my ride home. My flight is scheduled for the afternoon and I had to arrive here around 12 noon without having had a chance to have my lunch outside.With the immigration clearance settled, I am hoping to be able to find a good place inside the departure terminal to have my meal.

The Departure Hall

Food Court in the Departure Terminal

Restaurant Tasteful in the Food Court
Closer to the Departure Gates, was this Chinese Food Court selling a number of Taiwanese dishes. After going through the stalls, I decided on a outlet called Restaurant Tasteful which were selling a number of Taiwanese dishes from Noodles to Dumplings. 

Lunch Sets Available

The Lady Preparing The Food
They have a variety of sets here and it is all clearly explained. One would have to decide on the dish, make the payment to the cashier and then wait till your number was called. All their sets comes with a main dish, a side dish and a cup of cold tea. They seemed to have a large number of customers in line to place their orders. With the payment done, I just waited by the stall instead of sitting at the table because they were calling the numbers in Taiwanese and if I sat down, I would surely miss it. My set meal cost me NT$ 180 which is around USD 6 .

Cold Tea
The cold tea was unsweetened and not up to my expectations. Perhaps, this is how it is supposed to be but I did not enjoy it. I would only rate this at 5/10 .

Taiwanese Curry Noodles
This Taiwanese Curry Noodles was very interesting. All the ingredients were just dumped in and we would have to mix them ourself. It had some kind of curry paste that was flat in taste but spicy, cucumber, ground peanuts and noodles in it. Mixing all these together was fun. In the end, it had a weird but nice taste. The ground peanuts, noodles and cucumber mixed well giving a slightly sweet and crunchy taste and the curry paste left a clear spicy aftertaste. Overall, it was a new experience for me. I would rate this dish at 7/10 .

Steamed Pork Dumplings in Soup
This dish was very good. The Pork Dumplings were really fresh and huge and the soup was lovely. I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed this dish. There was also a small amount of some kind of seaweed which again added on to the taste. Compared to the noodles, honestly, I enjoyed this more. I would rate this at 9/10 .

It is good that the Taiwan Airport does have some great dining places. I also observed that there was another food court specifically for Continental Food and another with some fast food outlets. The choices may not be many when compared to airports like KLIA or Changi but definitely sufficient. The price was also quite reasonable. As I am leaving Taiwan shortly, I would surely miss the good food that I had had here and look forward to another opportunity to travel here soon.

Address:   Terminal Two, Departure Hall, 
                Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport (TPE),
                No. 9, Hangchin Road, Dayuan Township,
                Taoyuan County, Taiwan 337.

Opening Hours: All Day



No comments:

Post a Comment