Monday 15 July 2013

Saravanaa Bhavan @ Jalan Sultan, Petaling Jaya

Today I had an early meeting in PJ State and as I was early in the vicinity, I stepped out to have breakfast at Saranavanaa Bhavan. The last time I tried this place was at their very first outlet and headquarters in Vadapalani, Chennai. They have a number of outlets in 16 countries and I am proud to announce that I have visited them in 9 different countries. Well, this is a purely vegetarian restaurant and all their offerings are of the vegetarian variety. 

Saravanaa Bhavan Restaurant in PJ State

Interior of the Restaurant

Beautifully Decorated Counter
This restaurant is located in PJ State, quite close to the Lotus Five Star Cinema and is road fronting. I must say that they were spick and span. When I entered their premises, it was the time that they had just opened and all the staffs were having a piece of cloth and they were wiping all tables, signages and decorative items. I loved their decorations and the efforts were really great. They all had a captain and I could see that they all cooperated well. 

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu
Once I was seated, the waiter handed the menu to me. I loved their menu as it was very elaborate yet they stuck to all vegetarian dishes. It definitely took me at least 10 minutes to finalise the dish. I was alone here this morning and as such, it made it much easier as I had only 20 minutes at my perusal and all I had to do was to order a main dish and a drink. 

Filter Coffee @ RM 5.00
For the drink, I choose the above Filter Coffee. This is the first place in Malaysia that I could find the same Filter Coffee that you find in India, only that the portion was much larger. In India, if I had walked to a Saravanaa Bhavan, it would have been half of this but here it was typical Malaysian size and the coffee was nice. Though personally I may have found this drink to be expensive, I still enjoyed this and would rate it at 8.5/10 .

14 Pieces Mini Ghee Idly @ RM 8.50

To me, this was no big Ghee Idly but typical Sambar Idly that I have had in India. Nevertheless, the last time I had this was in Thiruvannamalai, India and after a long time I am having it in Malaysia and I loved it. It is an art to eat this that is to ensure that each bite is fully dipped into the Sambar and that every bite has fully absorbed the gravy. The dish name was misleading and they should have just called this as Sambar Idly. As a Sambar Idly, I would rate this at 9/10 . It is expensive for the price but we all know that Saravanaa Bhavan is expensive both in India and overseas. The interesting thing is that their Thali sets are double the price of what is available in India and it was that day that I realised food in Chennai is expensive.

Their Other Outlets
On the whole, I enjoyed the dining moments here today. Their service was really good and I received my food in less than 15 minutes. Their courtesy was also great and I am sure that they have been reminded to treat their customers with respect. Though my visit was brief, I definitely had an enjoyable and satisfying moment here today. 

Address: No. 7, Seksyen 52/2, Jalan Sultan, 46200 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 0830 - 2330 Daily

Telphone: +6043 1744

No comments:

Post a Comment