Monday 22 July 2013

Hornbill Restaurant & Cafe @ KL Bird Park, Kuala Lumpur

Located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur city, is the KL Bird Park and attached to this, is a restaurant called Hornbill Restaurant & Cafe. I happened to spend the day at the Bird Park and as lunch time drew closer, this was the only option without having to leave the park. 

Hornbill Restaurant & Cafe

Entrance to the Restaurant

Inside the restaurant

Full House today
You can still dine at this restaurant even without being a visitor to the bird park. There are two entrances, one facing the road and another from inside the park. This restaurant derives most of it's customers from the Bird Park with a handful of visitors coming here specifically for the food. I have dined here in the past and I find their food to be quite nice and there was once where I came here specifically to dine at this restaurant but most people do not do that because it is tucked away in one end of the Lake Gardens. There are two dining sections at this restaurant, an air conditioned inside seating as well as an external veranda where you get to dine with the birds which can sometimes be challenging. There has been times when I was seated there with my food and a huge Hornbill comes by and tries to share the meal with me. Although they are much smaller, then can be still frightening. The staffs are also very friendly and efficient. Their cooks are all locals but they have a wide variety of offering. As for today, they were full house when I arrived but they managed to get me a table in one corner of the restaurant which was fine. All I wanted was to have a decent meal and then continue my exploration of the Bird Park. 

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

Breakfast Sets

Buka Puasa Sets
These are just some of the pages from their menu. They offer Indian, Italian, Malay, Malaysian, Thai, Vegetarian and Western Cuisines. Some may feel that their price is slightly high but I think their portion justifies the price tag. I had already decided on my meal even before looking at their menu as that is one of my favourites every time I come here. 

Coca Cola @ RM 7.90
As it was really hot this afternoon, I ordered myself a Coke and that came at RM 7.90 . Yes, I agree that it is expensive but this is a tourist spot and we can't expect them to sell at the street vendors price. I doubt if anyone would complain about having a Coke in a bar for RM 10 perhaps. From the moment of order, it took them a mere three minutes to deliver my drink and that too when they were running full capacity which I think is super efficient. 

Chicken Chop @ RM 26.90

This is one of my favourite places to get a good meaty Grilled Chicken Chop. This comes with a huge chuck of Grilled Chicken, Sauteed Vegetables, Wedges and Black Pepper Sauce. They are lavish with the Black Pepper sauce and I love it to be really wet and get the sauce to seep in well into the meat. The meat is also always wonderfully done and they have never let me down before. Overall, a fantastic dish and I would rate this dish at a 10/10 .

It is sad that I was alone today and I am not able to showcase other dishes from this restaurant. Nevertheless, some of the dishes that I have tried here and find it to be good is their Nasi Lemak, Indian Fish Curry, Penang Char Kuey Tiow, Spicy Tom Yam Noodles and their Satay. I am yet to try their other dishes and hope that my next visit here, I would be able to blog with more dishes. Definitely a great place to dine with a serene atmosphere. Highly recommended!!!

Address: KL Bird Park, 920 Jalan Cenderewasih, Tasik Perdana,
                50480 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Telephone: +603 2693 8086

Opening Hours: 0900 - 2000 Daily




No comments:

Post a Comment