Sunday 14 July 2013

Guan Xiang Wan Tan Mee @ Desa Aman Puri, Kuala Lumpur

Being in the mood for some stall food, Angie and I head out to Desa Aman Puri near Kepong to one of our usual restaurants called Restaurant Nine Nine Nine. This restaurant is clearly visible from the main road as you drive along Desa Aman Puri. It is brightly lit up and has a number of stalls that operate till the wee hours of the night. Just as with other similar restaurants, the land lord usually sells the drinks and rents out the space to other stalls. They have a great variety of food here and some of the stalls are really good. 

Restaurant Nine Nine Nine in Desa Aman Puri, Kuala Lumpur

Guan Xiang Wan Tan Mee Stall

Very Appetising Food on Display
Today, we were in the mood to try this Wan Tan Mee stall. The workers were all Burmese guys and as I was chatting with them, I was told that the owners of this Guan Xiang Wan Tan Mee has fifteen outlets across the Klang Valley. Definitely a well to do chain of stalls. The food too looks very appetising. This stall is located inside the restaurant and not on the streets. There were a whole row of tables and chairs that were placed along the parking bays on the street and the place was packed with customers with a large number of foreigners too. 

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu
The menu was printed and stuck onto the cart. They had a total of seven dishes that were sold here. Most of the dishes here come in two sizes, small and large. The small is priced at RM 5.50 and the large is priced at RM 7.00 . However, there were some dishes that had a different price. It was very convenient for us to choose the dish like this. The pictures too were really well taken and were appetising. They must have used a professional photographer for the job. We then decided on the dish and head out to find a table. 

Herbal Tea @ RM 1.40
Since I had ordered an additional dish of Wan Tan in Soup, I skipped having a drink but Angie got herself one. She had the above Herbal Tea and it was priced at RM 1.40 . You do not need to walk to a counter to order the drinks but the waiters would come over to your table to get your orders and you pay upon delivery. I find the drink to be slightly expensive but it was reasonably nice. I would rate it at 8/10 .

Curry Chicken Noodle @ RM 6.00 (S)

Small Bowl of Pepper Soup @ F.O.C.
I know that the above Curry Chicken Noodles is Angie's favourite and I ordered that for her. She thoroughly enjoyed it. It came with the Wan Tan Noodles, thick Chicken Curry with Potato's and a small bowl of Pepper Soup. This is the small size and it was good for her. So I would suggest that for an average eater, the small size is ideal. The chicken cuts were assorted and we were not able to specify the preferred cuts. The slack were the potato's. Since I was a potato lover, I ended up stealing them from her dish but was utterly disappointed. They were thoroughly soaked and it seemed that it was cooked very early in the day hence losing it's freshness. Nevertheless, the dish was good and well recommended. I would rate this dish at 8.5/10 .

BBQ Pork Wan Tan Noodle @ RM 5.00 (S)

Clear Soup with 4 pieces of Wan Tons
I in turn, ordered the above BBQ Pork Wan Tan Noodles and it came with the above bowl of soup. I find the noodles to be quite decent. It is definitely not the best that I have tried but surely on of the good ones in the Klang Valley. I would rate the dish at 8/10 . The Char Siew were however quite nice and I just thought that it is worth mentioning that here.

Wan Tan Soup @ RM 5.50

This dish comes in a fixed portion size. It is good to be taken as a single dish by itself especially if you are a soup lover. The Pork Wan Tan's were definitely nice and fresh and there were at least 10 Wan Tan's in this dish, although I did not count them. This apparently became out side dish as we had both ordered a main dish each. The vegetables were just average, not too fresh and were overgrown stock. The soup was just nice and there was quite a bit of black pepper in  the soup. Overall, I enjoyed this dish and I would rate this at 9/10 . It is definitely value for money. 

On the whole, the restaurant has more to offer and since this entry is specifically about this stall, I would like to keep it to that. I find this stall to have a good range of offerings and they are definitely value for money. To those Wan Tan Noodle lovers out there, this would definitely not be the best that you may have tried but it is pretty decent food. I would surely return here again!

Address: Restaurant Nine Nine Nine, Lot 2-1A, Jalan Desa 1/3,
                Desa Aman Puri, 52100 Kuala Lumpur.

Opening Hours: 0900 - 2200 Daily

Telephone: +6012 385 7123

No comments:

Post a Comment