Friday 26 July 2013

Bavarian House German Restaurant (Bavarian Beergarden) @ Taman Desa, Kuala Lumpur

Today my brother and I set out to try another German Restaurant that is located in Taman Desa. Previously they used to have another outlet in Pearl International Hotel but that has been recently sold off. This restaurant is called Bavarian House German Restaurant and is located amidst the shop offices in Desa Business Centre that is not far away from the Desa Medical Centre.

The Restaurant

Sign Bearing The Name

Interior of the Restaurant

Outside Seating Space
At night, the place seems quite deserted and this restaurant is easily sighted as only their lights were on lighting up the entire area. This restaurant is perched slightly higher than street level and is clearly visible too as you drive around the in roads. The place is designed to be both a watering hole as well as a diner with a bar counter on one side and tables for diners on the other. The reception here was indeed very good and it seems that this place is owned by an Indian guy who was very friendly.

Ongoing Promotions

Ongoing Promotions

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

Cutlery
Going through their menu, they definitely have some great food to offer. All the food is priced quite cheap compared to other German restaurants out there but their drinks, especially the beer, seems to be really expensive compared to most other places. At some point in time, I was even contemplating not having any drinks but just food as I felt that the price of drinks were unreasonable. 

Cranberry Cocktail @ RM 18.00
I had the above Cranberry Cocktail which is a non alcoholic cocktail. It comes at a price of RM 18.00 . Though on the high side, I would still consider this not so high bearing in mind the place and concept that they are trying to portray. As for the taste, it was quite unique and refreshing. I would rate this drink at 8/10 . 

Hoegarden Beer @ RM 35.00
The price of the Hoegarden Beer was something that I felt was sky high and I just could not except that. But since my brother insisted, he went on ordering it. As for me, I could have the same elsewhere for half the price. But...the beer was ice cold and that is a credit that they deserve. 

Potato Leek Soup @ RM 5.00
We both had the above Potato Leek Soup. Being priced at RM 5.00 , it is really cheap and taste was pretty nice. The chunks of Potato, slices of Pork Bacon and the thick soup was simply a great combination.I would definitely say that this was a great soup and I would rate this at 8.5/10 . Definitely a good choice here. 

Platter of Half Pork Ribs (RM 56.00) & Grilled Pork Steak (RM 34.00) 
We ordered the above two dishes separately but they were served in a single huge platter. It comes with some Mushroom Gravy.

Half Pork Ribs @ RM 56.00
These are oven baked Half Pork Ribs served in dark beer gravy. I find this dish to be quite average. It was a really huge piece but the taste was just not up to the mark and the ribs were a little overcooked. The dark gravy also lacked character and the meat and the gravy just did not sink in well. Overall a disappointing dish. I would only rate this at 5/10 .

Grilled Pork Steak @ RM 34.00
This piece of meat is served with the Mushroom Sauce. Firstly, the meat was absolutely perfect and it could be had without any gravy. Secondly the gravy was heavenly. Together, they were bliss. This was one of the best Grilled Pork Steak that I have ever had. I would rate this at a perfect 10/10 .

Sauteed Potato in the middle
Right under the meat, there were some sauteed potato's and again I found these to be really good. The potato's were definitely well cooked along with the right sauces and spices made this a mega hit. I would rate these at a 10/10 .

Generally, I find the food in the restaurant to be good except for the Pork Ribs which was a let down. The  food price is also very cheap compared to other German restaurants but the drinks were cut throat. I may return here for food but would never think this place of a watering hole that I would frequent. 

Address: No. 2, Jalan 4/109E, Desa Business Centre, Taman Desa,
                Jalan Klang Lama, 58100 Kuala Lumpur.

Opening Hours: 1200 - 2230 Daily

Telephone: +603 7980 3900

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post. Loved the pork too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Guna, thank you too for taking the time to read through this post. Glad that you loved the food too.

      Delete