Wednesday 15 May 2013

Room Service @ Mercure Jakarta Simatupang Hotel, Indonesia

After my flight from Kuala Lumpur to Jakarta and then having stuck in traffic jam for three hours, I finally reached the hotel at around 8 pm at night. I stayed at Mercure Jakarta Simatupang which is located in the South Jakarta area. Check in was a breeze as always with Accor Group of Hotels and that is one of the reason they are always my hotel of choice. I was really exhausted from the journey and headed directly to the room to retire for the night.

The Room

The Room

The Room

The Room

The Toilet

The Toilet

Tea & Coffee On The House
Those are the photos from around the room. The hotel as always has never let me down. Their rooms are always great. As mentioned earlier, I was really exhausted from the travel and just wanted to have room service delivered to the room and then I picked up their room service menu to check what they have to offer.

Room Service Menu

Room Service Menu

Room Service Menu

Their menu had a number of variety which was offered. It offered Western food as well as Indonesian food. They also had a number of Vegetarian dishes. I then picked up the phone and placed my orders and was informed that it shall be delivered in a maximum of 40 minutes. Excellent timing as that would give me enough time to have a quick bath. The timing was quite perfect as once I was all ready after my bath and was flipping the channels, the room service was already knocking at my door. 

The Cutlery

Bebek Goreng Graffiti @ IDR 100,000.00

Hot Sambal

Fried Duck

White Rice
This dish was really good. The Duck was well coated with Turmeric and was deep fried to perfection. The Sambal that came along was definitely made from Bird Chili and the rice was also different. It was somewhat sticky but surely not Pulut rice. The overall combination was excellent. The delicious duck went very well with the white rice and the spicy chili paste. Really enjoyed this dish and the duck thigh was also really huge. I would rate this dish at 8.2/10 .

Soto Ayam @ IDR 70,000.00

Accompanying Sambal
The Soto Ayam was also very nice. It was very much Chicken in Turmeric Soup with Eggs and Glass Noodles. Originally this comes with another plate of rice but I declined it. I just wanted to have another soup dish. This dish was not spicy but it was delicious and the portion was really huge too. I would rate this dish at 9.3/10 . 

Bintang Beer @ IDR 60,000.00
How can one be in Indonesia and not try their lovely Bintang Beer. This is one of my favourite Pilsners. A beer after a good meal is always excellent.

Overall, their room service was definitely good. They were above my expectations, delicious, relatively well priced for a four star hotel and the service was excellent. Highly recommended!

Address: Mercure Jakarta Simatupang Hotel, Jalan R.A. Kartini no. 18, Lebak Bulus,
                Jakarta Selatan, 12440 Jakarta, Indonesia.

Telephone: +621 75 999 777

Opening Hours: 24 Hours Daily

Email: H6680@accor.com

www.mercure.com


No comments:

Post a Comment