Friday 31 May 2013

Okomen Japanese Restaurant @ Desa Sri Hartamas, Kuala Lumpur

Okomen Japanese Restaurant is not new to me as I have been here in the past and I know that they serve excellent Okonomiyaki and Yaki Soba.I have blogged about this previously and if you would like to visit that page, you could access it via this link http://venoth.blogspot.com/2013/01/okonomiyaki-and-yakisoba-night-market.html .But today, I decided to try some of their other dishes for a change. Being located in Desa Sri Hartamas, Okomen is quite unique as they have their own signature dishes and they must be the only Japanese restaurant that does not serve Sushi or Sashimi. 

Okomen Japanese Restaurant in Desa Sri Hartamas

At the Entrance
This restaurant is located in the intermediate rows of shops and is not visible from the main road. Hence finding this place might be a problem but I have included a map at the bottom of this entry and hope that helps. 

Menu Visible At The Entrance

Menu Visible At The Entrance

Menu Visible At The Entrance

Menu Visible At The Entrance
One of the good things about the design of this place is that their menu is placed at the entrance along with the price tags. This allows diners to at least have an overview as to what is available. It is also good as it showcases their prices which would attract customers as I feel that their prices are relatively cheap compared to many of the Japanese restaurants out there. Even today, I had pretty much decided what I would like to have even before entering this restaurant and that was made possible only because their menu was displayed outside.

Interior of the restaurant

Kitchen Visible From The Dining Area

Nice Ambiance 
The layout of the restaurant is simple and nice and not being overly decorated. It is also very clean. The staffs are very attentive and they have been trained to speak basic Japanese. I observed this tonight as all the customers that were there today with the exception of myself were Japanese and they were conversing in Japanese to the waiters. I am sure this would be an added comfort factor to these Japanese expatriates. The kitchen was also unique and was visible through a glass panel.

Beers Served

Hot Green Tea @ RM 1.80
This restaurant serves a number of beers and has a great collection of Sake for customers to choose. I simply decided to stick with Green Tea and this is priced at RM 1.80 and this comes with free top ups. 

California Maki Rolls @ RM 8.80
As I was alone tonight, I could not get my hands on too many dishes and decided to order one at a time depending on my capacity to consume more food. To start off, I went with the above California Maki Rolls. I do not know how the term was coined affiliating it to an American city but the rolls were definitely good and fresh. I would say that it was near perfection and worth the price as five of these rolls were in a dish and it was priced at RM 8.80 . I would rate this at 9.5/10 .

Gyoza @ RM 10.80
This was another good dish here. They were served hot and the outer skin was just of the right thickness. It was not too soft to break easily when dipped and also not too hard where you only get to taste the thick outer skin and not the meat fillings. These were just perfect and the dip sauce too was very well done. I would rate this dish at 8.8/10 .

Sausage Teppanyaki @ RM 10.80
This is the first time I am seeing this dish in a Japanese restaurant's menu and here, this is one of their signature dishes. I must confess that this dish was heavenly. Basically they were Pork Sausages. It was really spicy as there were loads of pepper on the vegetables as well as the sausage. I am pretty sure that they had spread some amounts of butter on the sausage before grilling it and the meat was absolutely great. By far, this is the best dish that I have had here tonight. I would rate this dish at 10/10 .

Location Map
With the last dish, I had to call it a night and in total, the bill only came to RM 35.40 which I feel is quite cheap bearing in mind that I had had three dishes. I would highly recommend this restaurant as I feel that they serve great food at a good price and with a warm hospitality. I would surely return here again soon.

Address: No. 7G, Wisma CKL, Jalan 22A/70A, Desa Sri Hartamas, 
                50480 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: Mon - Sat 1100 - 1500 & 1800 - 2300
                            Sun           1100 - 1500 & 1600 - 2100

Facebook: www.facebook.com/OkomenJapanese

Email: okomenfood@gmail.com

Telephone: +603 6205 9828 & +6012 9828 964

No comments:

Post a Comment