Tuesday 12 March 2013

Star Teh Tarik Restaurant @ Taylors University Lakeside Campus, Subang Jaya

I had a meeting at Taylors Lakeside Campus in Subang Jaya this morning and we were rushing between meetings. My friend from America was with me and he wanted to try Indian food. I know that the best place to head would be to Brickfields but bearing in mind that we had a mere one hour for lunch, I decided to just take him to this restaurant in campus itself.

Star Teh Tarik Restaurant
This restaurant is located on the first floor of the bazaar building. It is owned by ex Police Officer's cooperative and the workers are all Indians from India. Arriving at lunch time, the restaurant was very packed with students. Well though being on campus, smoking is allowed here.

Teh Tarik
Well, the service here is very efficient. The moment we took our seats, the waiter arrived to take our orders. We ordered Teh Tarik for drinks and then decided to head over to the curry station to get some rice and curry. They also have other local food that is usually available in any typical Mamak restaurant. The tea here was pretty good and I would rate it 8.5/10 . This is also the place where my friend had his first taste of local Teh Tarik.




I must say, though this is a relatively small restaurant, they do have a great variety of dishes during their lunch hour.The food looks definitely fresh and the aroma was great. We dished out our lunch and head back to the table to savour it.

My Lunch

My Friend Enjoying His Lunch
The food was just above average and not that great. My friend found the food to be very spicy and good. Well, it is his first encounter with Indian food and I do not blame him. I would just rate the food at 7/10 . The total bill came to only RM 9.40 . I guess this must be a controlled price since it was in campus. If only we had this outside, it would surely have come to around RM 20.00 . Overall, it is surely a convenient place to have decent, cheap Indian food. Good to satisfy the hungry stomach but not my taste buds.

Address: Taylors University Lakeside Campus, Jalan Taylors,
                47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 0700 - 2200

Telephone: +6013 353 1742

No comments:

Post a Comment