Monday 18 March 2013

Wing Hiong Bah Kut Teh @ Damansara Jaya, Petaling Jaya

Craving for a Bak Kut Teh fix today, I set out in search of a new location to try this favourite dish of mine. While browsing the internet, I came across this outlet called Restoran Wing Hiong Bah Kut Teh which has a number of outlets across the Klang Valley. Though they have one in Sunway Damansara which is pretty close to where I live, I decided to head to the other outlet in Damansara Jaya. Driving in Sunway Damansara is always hectic and I just cannot tolerate the traffic jam and that is the reason I decided to head to the branch in Damansara Jaya.

Restoran Wing Hiong Bah Kut Teh at Damansara Jaya

The outlet in Damansara Jaya is easy to find. It is located along the same row of shops as the Ipoh Chicken Rice, I think it is just next door and parking is much easier here.

Entrance To The Restaurant

Interior of the restaurant

Interior of the restaurant

 The restaurant has a simple yet clean layout. Surprisingly when I arrived, it was empty and I was the only customer. With that, I received immediate attention from the waiters who brought me to my table and then passed me the menu.

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

I should say that the menu is quite comprehensive and they do have a large variety of offering. From what I see, they offer both the Soup and Dry Bak Kut Teh. Besides that, they also offer a whole list of other items as you can see from the above photographs. Having gone through the menu, I then placed my orders and the workers got working on it right away. Very efficient indeed.

Herbal Tea @ RM 2.00

The Herbal Tea was good. It was made to the right level of sweetness and without a bitter note. Definitely well done. I would rate this drink 9/10 .

Onion Rice @ RM 1.60

Here at this restaurant they serve Onion Rice, so I was told. The rice was priced at RM 1.60 for a large bowl. The taste was just average. I felt that something was lacking yet it was not bad. I would rate this rice 6/10 .

Claypot Tofu & Fu Chok @ RM 8.00

This was pretty good. It was a dedicated dish with loads of Tofu and Fu Chok cooked in the Herbal Soup. The Tofu's were surely fresh and they were not stingy with their Fu Chok. The soup was pretty good as well not like some other places that give soy sauce like BKT soup. Here, it was the real stuff. I would rate this dish at 8/10 .

Claypot Bak Kut Teh @ RM 13.00

You can choose your own meat cuts

The Claypot Bak Kut Teh was another good dish here. The advantage here is that you could choose your own meat cuts and they actually serve what you request for. The herbal soup again was fantastic. This was for a single portion and priced at RM 13.00 . The portion size was lavish too. I would rate this dish at 8.5/10 . Surely good stuff.

Yau Char Kueh @ RM 1.50

This was a little of a let down for me. The Yau Char Kueh was hard and thus it was not able to absorb the soup well once you dip it in the soup. It also did not seem very fresh and that could have been the reason for it to have been this hard. I would only rate this at 5/10 .

Other Outlets

Other Outlets


Contact Information

Overall this is a great place to have your Bak Kut Teh fix. The total bill for today came to RM 26.10 and they do not charge service tax here. I am not sure if the standards is maintained similarly across all outlets but it is surely good at this particular outlet. Strongly recommended outlet. I would surely return here again and perhaps if time permits, would try their other outlets too.

Address: No. 9, Jalan SS 22/19, Damansara Jaya,
                47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.

Telephone: +603 7732 0938

Opening Hours: Weekdays 1000 - 2200
                            Saturday, Sunday & Public Holidays 0915 - 2200
                            Please do refer the outlet list as their timing varies by outlets


No comments:

Post a Comment