Thursday 21 March 2013

Lammeeya @ Damansara Utama, Petaling Jaya

Lammeeya is a Chinese restaurant located in Damansara Utama that serves great home cooked food. They have another four outlets located in One Utama, Empire Shopping Gallery, Lot 10 and Section 8 PJ. Their signature dish is their Lam Mee but they surely have much more to offer than that.

Lammeeya at Damansara Utama

Occupying Two Shop Lots
This restaurant is located along the HSBC row of shops in Damansara Utama. Occupying two shop lots, gives them greater capacity to contain the crowd that comes here during lunch hours. Since I dislike crowd and the hassle of waiting for a table, I prefer to go here for dinner, just like today.

Interior of the restaurant

Interior of the restaurant
The interior of the restaurant is cosy and well spaced between tables. Dining here is surely a pleasant experience and the staffs are very swift in attending to you. The moment we opened the door to enter the premises today, we were attended to by a waiter who then brought us to our table.

Cutlery

Menu

Angie Going Through The Menu
Once seated, we were given the menu or should I say menu's. The had three elaborate menus and going through them seemed like an arduous task. The first menu was all about set meals, the second was ala carte which was more of my interest and the final one was on their health juices which was very interesting too. They had so many great dishes to offer and I was eager to try many of them but unfortunately since there was just the two of us, there surely is a limit as to what we could have today. We then finalised the orders and waited for the food to arrive. From my observation, all the staffs including the kitchen staffs were working very efficiently and food was just being served non stop as if in a continuous production line.

Celery + Lychee + Pineapple Juice @ RM 8.30
This was Angie's drink. We requested for less ice and it came as requested. Perhaps, this is the first place where the request was complety listened and adhered to. The concoction was surely very nice, pure and thick. They had listed some health benefits of this drink which I did not take note off. What mattered to me was the taste and it was great. I would rate this drink at 9/10 .

Ambola + Preserved Plum @ RM 8.30
The above was my drink and as expected, it was up to the mark. Another fantastic drink. Again, I would rate this drink at 9/10 .

Mushroom Minced Meat Cheong Fun @ RM 7.80
The above Cheong Fun was the first dish to arrive. Angie being an Ipohrean where this dish originated, was very impressed with the taste. Thee portion was huge for the price. An excellent dish here and I would surely recommend it. The Mushroom Gravy was something worth commending. I would rate this dish at 9.5/10 . This dish here is definitely better to that of Aunty Annie.

Original Lam Mee @ RM 9.80
This was my main course. As a child Lam Mee was my favourite but stopped eating it as that gentleman that had operated that stall in my home town passed away and after that, I could not find one which was of similar quality. This dish here was definitely up to the mark and I am glad that I have once again found a great place to have my Lam Mee. The broth was just right, not too thick and not too thin. Great Pork Balls and two huge prawns. Everything about this dish was just right. I would rate this dish 9.8/10 . A highly recommended dish here.

Salted Steamed Chicken in Rice Wine @ RM 8.80
This again was another great dish. The salted chicken was done well, great amounts of shredded ginger added to it and again, it was so perfect. I would rate this dish at 9.5/10 . Excellent !!!

Stew Pork With Potato @ RM 8.80
Among all the dishes tried today, this was my favourite. Partially because I love both Potato and Stewed Pork. Another amazing dish. I do not want to say much. You must try it yourself to believe it. Again, I would give this dish 9.8/10 .

Oreo Cheese Cake @ RM 7.60 (After 20% discount)

Variety of cakes
They also offer a good variety of cakes which are pretty good. I was told, after 8pm, they give a 20% discount on the cakes. We then had a slice of Oreo Cheese Cake which was nice. I would rate this cake at 8/10 .

Contact Information

Contact Information

Opening Hours
Overall, I am totally IMPRESSED with this restaurant. Every dish we ordered was greater than expectations. I would definitely come back to this restaurant again and perhaps even bring my parents here. A fantastic place to dine. The total bill for the night came to RM 64.25 . I would also like to take this opportunity to congratulate the owners of this place for having set high standards both in their food as well as their service. Keep it up guys!!!

Address: 45G & 47G, Jalan SS 21/37, Damansara Utama,
                47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: Sunday - Thursday 1000 - 2200
                            Friday & Saturday 1000 - 2230

Telephone: +603 7725 9513

Weblinks: https://www.facebook.com/lammeeya
                  http://lammeeya.blogspot.com/ 



No comments:

Post a Comment