Wednesday 20 March 2013

Departure Lounge @ Damansara Utama, Petaling Jaya

This restaurant has a unique concept which serves breakfast as the signature dish all day long. Located in Damansara Utama, Departure Lounge has been in business for over two years now and they have another outlet in Solaris Mont Kiara. Having heard about this outlet for some time now, it is only today that I had the opportunity to try this place out. It is located along the Standard Chartered Bank row facing Tabung Haji. Their coffee's here have won numerous awards too, so I was told.

Departure Lounge at Damansara Utama

Interior of the restaurant

The Coffee Counter

Buzzing with crowd

When I walked into this cafe, it felt as if I was in a supermarket. It was almost full house with everyone having a loud conversation. It clearly shows that they were all having their own share of fun and catching up with friends and family.The concept was pretty simple yet nice. They even had a books corner which was mostly filled with travel guides and there were quite a number of them who went up to the shelf, picked up some guide books and discussed travel plans. Departure Lounge has truly made their decor synonymous to their name and to a certain extent, it did feel like I was in a departure lounge at some international airport.

Breakfast Platter Order Chit

Pick Them Up and Design Your Breakfast

Other Items Available Too

Various Teas

My Gate Pass :)

Here you have a choice of choosing their sandwiches or pastas but most people come here for their breakfast platter. They come in three, five or seven choice platters and some upgrades are available too. The three choice platter costs RM 8.90, five at RM 12.90 and seven at RM 14.90 . Upgrades are costed at RM 1.50 and these are for swapping your toasts to French Toasts or Muffins etc. Ordering here is pretty simple. Just pick up the laminated order chits and use the white board markers to select your items, then choose your drinks and you're all set. Once the payment has been made, you would be given a mock boarding pass which is your order identification number. Once the items are ready, they would be then sent over to your table. The baristas here are very friendly and helpful. The queue at the counter can take a while though depending on the crowd.

Cappuccino @ RM 8.50 

My drink was pretty fast to arrive. This Cappuccino surely has quality and now I see how they have been winning awards over the years for their coffee. Better than many of those served in some five star restaurants. I would rate this Cappuccino at 9.5/10 .

My 5 Item Breakfast Platter at RM 12.90

With my set, I choose Chicken Sausages, Turkey Bacon, Hash Brown, Fish Fingers and Scrambled Eggs and this comes with a set of toast. Overall I found this to be a little expensive as the item sizes are really small. The Fish Fingers was also not the best brand in the market and it is one of those cheaper versions and tasted quite average. The Turkey Bacon was just a small slice too. For a heavy eater like me, I should have gone for the seven item platter. Overall, for a person who is used to American breakfast since the time that I can remember, I just find the quality here to be just average. I would rate this at only 6/10 .The total bill for today came to RM 22.90 . I guess, for college student's who were the chunk of the crowd here today, this may be acceptable. I think what really sells here is the concept rather than the food. On contrary, the coffee again is par excellence. For that, I think I would return but not for the breakfast platter.

Contact Information

Their Logo
Address: 10, Jalan SS 21/39, Damansara Utama,
                47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 0800 - 1900

Telephone: +603 7725 7682

Email: info.departurelounge@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment