Saturday, 16 February 2013

Punjabi Sweets Stall @ Brickfields, Kuala Lumpur

If you speak of Indian sweets, one of the best delicacies are the Punjabi Sweets and today, we were in the mood to have some. I did a little bit of research with some of my Punjabi friends and they had recommended me to try this stall called Punjabi Sweets Stall in Jalan Scott, Brickfields.

Punjabi Sweets Stall @ Jalan Scott, Brickfields
Finding this stall was pretty easy. It is located along Scott Road and this stall is located right in front of the Hanuman Temple, actually at the pavement just beside the Raja Gopuram to this temple. Directly in front of this stall is the famous Restoran Vishal Food & Catering.

The Sweets Stall

Great Variety to choose from
Despite this being a simple stall, they did have a great variety of sweets to choose from. There were quite a number of customers here when we arrived and I saw them buying in huge quantities, mostly North Indians who seemed to be expatriates. That is a good sign. I did have to wait close to around 10 minutes before he was able to attend to me. There seemed to be only one man manning this stall at this time. By then we had tasted the samples and decided what to choose from. We decided upon some Palkova, Badam Cakes and another cake. The cakes are sold by the grams which is quite standard however, the price per gram was cheaper then most other places and it was very fresh. I just loved the Palkovas or Milk Cakes as they literally melted in my mouth. Definitely worth our drive this far into the city.

My Nephew Busy Chasing Pigeons

Side Tracked Activity
While I was busy at the stall, my nephew who is just three years old got busy chasing the pigeons that were in large groups just beside this stall. Initially he was scared of them when I pushed him to do it but I guess he must have added the courage to try it while I was at the stall. Luckily I managed to capture some shots while being in the stall.

Contact Details
On the whole, I find this stall to be reasonable in terms of price and the sweets are extremely fresh. Definitely a must try if you are a sweet lover. Personally, I am not much into sweets but this purchas was for others at home. I also understand that they do private catering and it is not limited to sweets. Their services extends all the way to North Indian and Gujarati dishes for parties. I have never tried it but I bet it must be up to standards. However for sure, their sweets are great!

Address:  In Front Of Hanuman Temple, Jalan Scott,
                 Off Jalan Tun Sambanthan,
                 50470 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Telephone:  Vicky +6016 2919 508
                     Raju    +6016 9792 739
                     Prahlad +6014 357 4976

Opening Hours: 1030 - 2000 Daily

7 comments:

  1. O dear.. Thank God I found your blog! Palkova is my favourite and I'm currently craving for Palkova!!! I can't wait to get my foot on that stall..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mitchell,glad that I am able to assist here. The Palkova at this stall is heavenly indeed. One of the good places to get them in town...

      Delete
  2. I tried this shop after reading your blog and they were indeed good. Their laddoo and palkova especially. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your most welcome and appreciate your feedback. Glad that you loved the sweets too. :)

      Delete
  3. Hi I wanted to order some sweets from you. Can it be delivered to my office on Wednesday or Thursday morning?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Loges, this is a private blog for information sharing only. The messages doesn't go to the operators. Best if you do visit them directly. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. Kindly pm to my inbox logesnathan1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete