Thursday 24 January 2013

Singh Chapati House @ Brickfields, Kuala Lumpur

This morning I happened to be in Brickfields, Kuala Lumpur. Brickfields is also known as the Little India in Kuala Lumpur and here you can find numerous varieties of Indian food. As I was walking around after my meeting, I decided to get some brunch at one of the places here. Quite close to the place that I parked my car, I came across this restaurant called Restoran Singh Capati House.

Restoran Singh Chapati House in Brickfields
It is a North Indian restaurant managed and owned by a group of Punjabis. The restaurant looked pretty good to me and as I have not had some good chapati in a while, decided to try this place.

The Chapati Counter
As it was pretty early in the morning, they were still catering for breakfast. It seemed like an old restaurant but the food did smell good.

Spicy Brinjals

Spicy Bittergourd
They had limited curry available now but more and more items were being cooked in the kitchen in preparation for lunch. However, their staple food here is chapatis. As I was hungry, decided to take a helping of each of the above gravies instead of the usual Green Pea Curry and Dhall.

My Breakfast
I ordered a glass of tea and waited for the meal to arrive. As you can see from the above photo, the portions were huge. I dipped my fingers in the traditional way. Let me tell you, even to me the food was spicy and delicious. I was perspiring profusely as I ate this lovely meal. It has been a long time that I tried a chapati so soft and side dishes so delicious. Perhaps, I have been eating more Chinese food than Indian food.

Once I finished my meal, I did walk over to the food display places and they were stacking it up with more and more curries which definitely looked very delicious. One thing I liked most about this restaurant is that they have separate counters for Vegetarian and Non Vegetarian dishes. The cutlery used also is segregated.

Chicken Curry just cooked
Egg Curry & Fried Egg just came in too
They had more and more dishes coming in. I then spoke to the owner and asked him a little more as to what other varieties they serve. He mentioned that they are not limited to Chapatis, but from noon they also serve Rice, Briyanis ( a variety of them) and also a variety of other types of bread too. He then picked up the menu card and passed it to me.

The Menu
The Menu
The Menu
Thats the entire menu photographed by me. Besides these, they also sell a wide variety of North Indian Sweets which are very fresh and pure.  I definitely would recommend this restaurant to all and it is a great place to go both alone and also with family. On the whole, I had a satisfactory meal. My Chapatis, 2 side dishes and the tea cost me RM 7.50 .

Address: 55, Jalan Thambypillai,
              50470 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 8 am to midnight daily

No comments:

Post a Comment