Monday 15 October 2012

Steam Room @ Mont Kiara, Kuala Lumpur

Today one of my Uncle's from Penang came down and we had planned to do a small get together for lunch. This is a rare occasion and indeed a special one. As my cousins are based in Mont Kiara, I suggested that we meet up and have lunch at this restaurant.

Restaurant Steam Room @ 1 Mont Kiara
I was confident that this restaurant would be good as I have been here before and found the food pretty good. You could find that entry from my previous blogs in this series. As we were a group of 11, the only problem that we faced was that they only had one large table here that would comfortably seat eight. Unfortunately, we had to squeeze in. Besides this, it was all good. As I was familiar with the dishes here, I took the cue to place the orders. The dishes that we ordered are as follows: 

Fried Eggplant with Chicken Floss

Steamed Chicken with Ginger Paste...a Signature Dish here
Long Beans with Dried Prawns
Pork with Salted Fish

Pork Ribs

Us Enjoying the Dishes
As the dishes started coming in, we were already quite hungry as it was past the usual lunch time and we did not spare waiting for the other dishes. 

Everyone In The Moment
Steamed Garupa Fish with Tofu & Ginger Paste
Mapo Tofu
Steamed Eggs with Pork & Salted Eggs
Cuttlefish in Lemon Sauce
As you can see from the above photos, all the dishes were lovely. We thoroughly enjoyed all the dishes.

With a full tummy, engaging in family talk.
Lovely moments!
On the whole, this place is good and I would surely recommend this place to all. For 11 pax and the number of dishes seen, the total bill came to only RM 250.00 which is very reasonable.

Address: Restaurant Steam Room
No.L1-3A, Level 1, 1 MK Shopping Mall,
No.1, Jalan Kiara, Mont Kiara,
50480 Kuala Lumpur
 


Opening Hours : 1000 - 2200

2 comments:

  1. The Steamed Garoupa looks so tempting , I can almost taste it from where I am!
    I am glad when my family picks me to choose the dishes as well, it's so fun and makes me fell good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that was delicious! I'm salivating thinking about it now. He he. Yes, I'd surely agree too. ;)

      Delete